Help. Cockroaches!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alemargo

Reaction score
My neighbor had extermination service and seems like the creatures are escaping to my apartment. Noticed 2 unwanted guest in the kitchen. I'm scared they will go for my bun's food. Also I have a free roaming bunny. He is free to go everywhere. Please I need suggestions how to get rid of the cockroaches but safely for my bunny. HELP!!!

As a first thing I would deploy glue traps asap. Lots of it. Along walls, next to furniture,...

You can put a wood board with little clearance over it, standing on nails or screws, to keep your bunny away from the traps.

Would it be possible to give your bun to a family member or friend for a short while and get your own place pest treated? :)

At least if you do that - they are gone for a while and you don't have to worry about your rabbit eating baits or traps.

Look into a steam treatment if possible. It's a bit more expensive but eliminates the use of poisons, traps and otherwise unfriendly things for your bun.

If you're in an apartment complex, you need to move or get your neighbors to agree to treat their apartments as well. If even 1 person doesn't, the roaches will return without fail.

My experience. One of the Flemmish babies, Cheyenne, stepped in a glue trap in another room and came hopping up to use for help....making a clap, clap, clap sound as she hopped with the glue trap caught on her foot. I picked her up and carried her to the kitchen sink. My wife poured a small amount of vegetable oil on the bunny foot/glue trap interface and the glue trap immediately released. Next we washed Cheyennes foot with dish detergent and water to get ride of the vegetable oil, and then used a hair dryer to dry her foot/bottom leg fur. I kept my hand on her bottom leg to make sure the hair dryer was not too hot.

Also, you buy little traps for the cockroaches to crawl into for poison food, The rabbits won't be able to eat the poison. Also, I don't think insecticide will bother rabbits, but it's best to not expose them to insecticide I'd guess.
Why did we name her Cheyenne? She's a shy rabbit, very reticent to establish social contact. So...Shy Ann, spelled Cheyenne. Her sister rabbit has the opposite personality. The sister is very outgoing, gregarious, socially interactive. Two sister rabbits...very different personalities.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back