Help! can't satisfy bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loppylove

Reaction score
hello i have a bunny, about 6 months and i amlosing my mind...i have tried everything~ he has run of an entire roomand as soon as i move will have run of house. i give him all sorts ofboxes and wicker baskets and mats and paper and towels*everything ihave read he would like* but nothing catches his attention..he barelypays any mind to it. im afraid heis bored and unhappy. bu he doesn'tact like he is sad and bored he seems happy.why doesn't he play withanyhting i get him? anyone else go through this? what do i do?

loppylove wrote:
he seems happy.

maybe he is just content with what he's got happy to run around all day in his room?

I dont think this is about him i sense your asking does he need a friend?

As long as he seems happy try not to worry tomuch. Although my bunnies love their toys the thing they love the mostis running around. I'm sure he enjoys having an entire room to himself.You could always try feeding balls, where they knock them around andtheir food comes out. I always find food motivates them to play!;)

lol the toilet roll gets my buns going everytime :0) or a cardboard box

he does love running around all over his"personal space" even kicks my dogs out ofHIS room:Dim gonna try the feeding balls, i've already tried toiletroll and carboard box he doesn't care for them. and imactually getting a bunny this weekend, i think they should both behappy after this.

Our buns like baby key rings, especially if we hang them from something. We also give them the linkng baby rings.

Smore and MooShu like their little balls with the bells in them.

Rosie and Binkie love to play with their blankies. Binkie likes to get it over her head and then round around.

Some of our's will play with a plastic wiffle ball. The kind with the holes in it so they can toss it around.

Try stuffing the toilet paper tubes with hay. A little messy, but they have a good time and a snack as well.

Empty kleenex boxes and beer cartons always go over big in our house. There's always and empty Corona carton in the family room.

~Jim

rofl have to tell u bout my buns thismorning. hetti was running round in a circle cos she wantedher food i was bringing in so i went in and started running round theroom too and her and jack chased me rofl.. it was ace... ready for bedagain now though lol

loppylovewrote:
and im actually getting a bunny thisweekend, i think they should both be happy after this.

If you are getting a new bunny it'd be a good idea to
take it slowly , one step at a time if you are going to try and getyour new bunny to become friends with the bun you already have, ittakes time, bunnies aren't like most other animals that just seem toget along when they met another of the same species as they are, it's agradual process, you can't just put them in together and think theywill play together, not to mention that if they are of the opposite sexwhat could happen.(ummm lotsa little bunnies lol)

So reading on bonding would be a great idea.

Goodluck and let us know how you go.

Latest posts

Back