Help! Bunny leaving pee drops on floor!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BabyMiyo

Reaction score
:tears2:

I was playing with my bunny for a few minutes and I noticed there were a few wet drops on the carpet where he was hopping around. At first I thought it was drool maybe, but I patted them with a piece of tissue and it was pale yellow. Then I moved him from where he was sitting, and there was another drop of pee under him!

Help me please, why is he dripping pee? Is it kidney failure? His litterbox habits are perfect, and he's only 9 months old. He has been drinking a lot of water lately, more than my other bun, but I figured it was because the weather is getting hotter now that we're coming into summer.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

It's possible it was just a onetime thing and doesn't indicate a medical problem. If it continues to happen though, and/or he starts getting urine soaked fur around his bum, or you notice any other changes or symptoms, then it's possible there may be something going on.

Thank you, I'll keep an eye out for that. He just did a huge pee in his hay, naughty rabbit! I guess it's possible he was holding in his pee for some reason, and it was leaking out?

Update: He is still doing it today! :( Wherever he sits, he leaves a drop of pee on the carpet. It's clear, just a tinge of yellow, probably because he has been drinking a lot of water. His bum isn't soaked, but there's usually a little wet spot where his pee area is. Even when he poops, the poop is covered in a wet sheen.

There isn't anything else wrong with him, he's eating and moving normally, drinking lots, pooping fine and doesn't seem to be in any discomfort. The incontinence worries me though. Could it be a bladder blockage or a urolith?

Bladder infection?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Rabbit Forum mobile app

Back