Help bunny has bit 1 day old babies foot

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polly

Reaction score
Lucy fed the baby today then it tried to getback under her and she bit its back foot and tossed it. Its poor tinyfoot is very bruised and you can see the teeth marks is there anythingwe can do?

I just moved this to the Rabbitry so other breeders will see it.

I'm not sure if there's anything you can do for the littlefoot. Is the skin broken or is it just bruised?Does it feel like any bones are broken?

If it's just bruised I would keep an eye on it, but I don't thinkthere's anything you can do. If the skin is broken, I wouldput a tiny bit of neosporin (or polysporin) on it, the regular kindwith no pain killers in it.

--Dawn

Thanks yes skin is broken i don't have either ofthose i think its hurting it a bit it seems calm most of the time whenits on its side in its wee box but i had it while bruce changed the hotwater bottle and it was very wriggly and squeeky

Wiggly and squeeky is a good thing, it's if itgets quiet (other than sleeping, that is) that you need to worry. Howold are the babies? Personally, I would worry more about the fact thatthe momma did that at all. If it doesn't feel like any bones arebroken, and it should be fairly easy to tell on a tiny baby, then Iwouldn't worry about it a whole lot. These thing can happen, just keepa close eye on it to guard against infection. If it does start to lookinfected, you can try putting Neosporin on it. I don't know if thatwould be a problem for the mom to lick off, though, so that probablyshould be a last resort.

We had 2 mums give birth at the same time. asLucy did that (i think she got Spooked) we have brought the other mumin as she has had a kit before so i think she will do better the kitwas born at around 7.30 on valentines day morning. The leg doesn't lookas if anything is out of place but there was blood and you can seewhere lucys teeth went into the bottom of the foot. The foot looksquite purply black like its bruised and its swollen

Back