Help, baby bun just ate a flower stem

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koalasoom

Reaction score
Hi All!

So I'd just trimmed the ends of the flower stems and made sure to get up and throw them away once I'd set the flowers into the vase. suddenly I hear baby crunching on something. I think one of the flower stems must have fallen through! It was literally the end of the stem (2cm end that is trimmed before putting flowers into water). I've added a photograph for clarification.

Help please!

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_8937.JPG
    IMG_8937.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 3
Just make sure your bunny eat hay and nothing will happen, what kind of flower stem did your bunny eat?

Just make sure your bunny eat hay and nothing will happen, what kind of flower stem did your bunny eat?

Thank you for your reply!

I have no clue what they're called. My partner ordered them for me and there's no info card stating the name/details.I've added a photo.

Attachments

• IMG_8938.JPG
    IMG_8938.JPG
    193.4 KB · Views: 5
Roses and daisies are probably not a problem. I think (not sure, someone else may know better) the clustered flower on left side is lupine and I don't know the filler plant top right. Lupine is toxic.

It looks like it would've been a very small amount. I'd agree -- refresh hay and provide water and keep an eye.

Roses and daisies are probably not a problem. I think (not sure, someone else may know better) the clustered flower on left side is lupine and I don't know the filler plant top right. Lupine is toxic.

It looks like it would've been a very small amount. I'd agree -- refresh hay and provide water and keep an eye.

He's been okay thankfully. He's been having plenty of hay and has't shown any signs warranting concern.

Thank you!

Back