Help! A lady wants 2 of the babies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluesmaven

Reaction score
which would be a good thing but she has a 3 year old child. They plan to keep the buns in their bedroom that has a door knob cover that wont let the little girl go into the room on her own. She says she's read books on rabbits but she's not familiar with the house rabbit handbook. What do y'all think? I don't want these babies hurt or ending up in a shelter.

Can you ask some "what if" questions? I think it was the HRS application for adoption that had questions like what is GI stasis, what would you do if it happened and how to prevent. You can click on the applicaiton on line and look at the questions. It might give you a better sense of if they are serious or not.

I don't see a problem with it, as long as she wants the rabbits for herself and not for the child, because obviously the child wouldn't be able to look after them . . . go with your instincts about whether she would be a good owner or not

I agree with the "instincts" part. We have rescued almost three-score and only adopted out 7. If someone came over and wanted a bunny for their child, the answer was "NO"! I went into great detail that the care needed was greater than a dog or cat and was daily. On top of that, I went to their house to see the situation for myself and to ascertain the conditions. Not everyone gave me a good feeling. The ones that we let out of our care were very well taken care of and loved by the whole family--no problems except one we had to take back because of allergies.

I'm going to let her come over and see how she is with them and tell her why I have my rabbits the way I do. I might feel better after meeting her.

ask her why she wants a bunny?..cuz a 3 year old doesnt need a bunny...id also tell her u get visiting rights too...hey u make the rules here so if she doesnt like it dont let her have one..this is a life that u care about...u need to make the best decisions for THIS life...when she comes to visit make sure u ask her everything...what will u be feeding,,how much,,,talk about everything there is to talk about bunnies and their care...cuz she needs to know that bunnies are not an easy job...especially with a 3 year old.most people give up the bunny cuz i got a 3 year old...geez.i dont know how ur gonna do it but good luck with ur decision..im a foster flop so i really shouldnt give advice...hehe i cant seem to let them go once i have them...hoarding here i come...!!!!!!!...........kidding.

I know I wish I could keep them all I love these little ones so much. I might let her do the work for me and see how well she is at it. I also think these little ones each need to be stars of their own home and not have lovins divided 9 ways. They are all so precious to me. It's gonna be hard.

Back