Help 3 Week Old Babies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad the hear the kits are with a surrogate mother, that is for the best.
As far as the "breeder" goes, I would see if she will accept some helpful advice about the conditions her rabbits live in. Some people simply don't know and unless someone offers to educate them they may never know what they are doing. If she won't acknowledge the poor cage structures that her rabbits are living in, then I would call the humane society or animal control.

I just brought the babies home today :]
They aren't very big but they are now 6-7 weeks old. They are adorable. Although Tessa's ears are taking a while to lop, they will drop eventually right? Firefly has 1 ear lopped, he lops the other one when he feels like it. Tessa does drop her ears every now and then though.

I also couldn't help myself, my 4H leader went to an auction and brought home 4 lionheads which were 7 weeks and 4 hollands which are also 7 weeks. She kept 1 of the Lionheads and 3 of the hollands. The REW she had, she was hoping for him to be a doe because he is filling out nicely and she needs another showing/breeding doe, but it turns out he is a buck xD She also already owns a REW buck, so she gave him to me :) REW is my favorite color on Hollands. I named him Cadbury, like the cadbury commercial bunnies lol

I will post some pics of the 3 very soon

Can't wait for the PICS!!!!! I LOVE the names and they are soo adorable! What did you end up doing about the breeder?

SilverBirchRabbitry wrote:
No, they do not have their pedigrees. But my 4H group and my leader don't beleive in just breeding for show. Alot of the 4H bunnies are unpedigreed pets

Pedigrees are not about breeding for show, pedigrees are about keeping track of the genetics that go into each and every rabbit. They are a very important and responsible way to keep track of what you're breeding, and most reputable breeders keep them, although some who are breeding for meat do not.

I would highly suggest at least starting to keep pedigrees on your rabbits, or starting over with pedigreed rabbits. You will also have much more interest from outside breeders and the show community in your rabbits. If you don't keep pedigrees, you're very much limiting yourself and your sales to just 4-H. So, just an idea.:)

I do normally only breed pedigreed stock, all of our English's, French's, Netherlands and my Jersey Woolie are pedigreed, it is just the lops and my 2 pet rabbits that arent, but thanks anyways.

I normally try to stay away from unpedigreed stock.

I'm glad to hear the little ones are doing good (one of my HL's ears didn't start drooping till she was close to 2.5mos. so no need to worry).
Post pics when you can - I love the HL's:p

Back