Hello!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cluckin'Bunny

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm happy to be a member! I just signed up a few minutes ago. :) I don't have any rabbits yet, but I joined this forum to get information on them to see which breed I want, how to care for them, what climates they can be in outside, etc.

I do own chickens though, and they are my pride and joy! :D I am looking for information about Dwarf Rabbits. But, this thread is just for me being welcomed... I will post another one to get information. ;)

Thanks!
- Cluckin'Bunny

Welcome to the forum! The Dutch is a great breed. Some other great breeds that I suggest looking into are Mini Rexes and Holland/Mini Lops.

Thanks for the welcome! I am hoping to get a smaller breed of rabbit. :)

Thanks for the welcome! I am hoping to get a smaller breed of rabbit. :)
I agree with getting a smaller breed. I currently have a Mini Rex mix who is 5 lbs (he a little chunky :p). I have read that the only downside to having a smaller breed is that they tend to not be as friendly. I'm not sure that is true because Theo is a sweetheart. Here is a link to some smaller rabbit breeds: http://rabbitbreeds.org/rabbit-breeds-small.php

I have a mini rex and he’s a sassy little thing but I love him. I would totally recommend mini rexes because they’re known to be quite intelligent, gentle, and they’re so so soft.

Also, regarding outdoor climates, my personal opinion (and I speak for myself only) is that research shows bunnies do much better inside. The outdoors poses all sorts of threats to prey animals so keeping them indoors may help lower their stress levels and safeguard them from any weather or predators. There’s no greater pleasure than having my bunny living indoors with all warm and cozy. It also helps with bonding!

I have a mini rex and he’s a sassy little thing but I love him. I would totally recommend mini rexes because they’re known to be quite intelligent, gentle, and they’re so so soft.

Also, regarding outdoor climates, my personal opinion (and I speak for myself only) is that research shows bunnies do much better inside. The outdoors poses all sorts of threats to prey animals so keeping them indoors may help lower their stress levels and safeguard them from any weather or predators. There’s no greater pleasure than having my bunny living indoors with all warm and cozy. It also helps with bonding!

Thanks for the info!

Thanks! Both. But, I'm now considering bigger breeds as well.

I love big rabbits! I'd consider choosing a rabbit based on its individual personality and temperament rather than on breed. If you go meet some individual rabbits, like at a rabbit rescue, you can see which ones you are drawn to... and which ones are drawn to you.

I find it so much fun to go to a rescue and check out all the rabbits. I first check their adoptables list and give them a few ideas of which ones I'm interested in, but I don't know if I've ever ended up going home with the one(s) I thought I would.

Welcome to the forum! I agree with what @Blue eyes said. Go to a rescue and meet some of the rabbits and see who you have a connection with.

When I walked into HRS, I intended on adopting a mini lop. When I got there, I ended up meeting Trixie, who is a total mutt of breeds. She and one other bunny were the only ones who came up to me to say hello. I decided to spend some quality time with her and during that time she gave my hand multiple kisses. The associate at HRS even said that Trixie had never done that with her. To summarize, I strongly believe that Trixie “chose me”. Although my intentions were different in the beginning, I ended up taking her home with me instead. Best choice I ever made.

So you see, you may be surprised at who you end up bonding with when you meet the rabbits! Best of luck to you!

Hello people,

I am new in this forum. I have had bunnies for like 25 years, still learning new things about my buns. My recent bunnies are Leo, 6 years old, Momo, 6, and Minna, 11 weeks old. Momo and Minna are a fresh built couple, Leo is alone as he fights with everybunny. My buns are almost 100% freeroam on 65 m2.
I am from middle of Europe, and English is a foreign language for me, so I make mistakes or dont know certain words.
Annette

Hello people,

I am new in this forum. I have had bunnies for like 25 years, still learning new things about my buns. My recent bunnies are Leo, 6 years old, Momo, 6, and Minna, 11 weeks old. Momo and Minna are a fresh built couple, Leo is alone as he fights with everybunny. My buns are almost 100% freeroam on 65 m2.
I am from middle of Europe, and English is a foreign language for me, so I make mistakes or dont know certain words.
Annette
Welcome to the forum! Post this on a new thread under "Introductions" and more people will see it.

Latest posts

Back