Hello :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JReft

Reaction score
I’ve posted a few times before and gotten great help, so thanks for that, and now that I got around to it, here’s my/our intro!

My ten year old daughter got two market rabbits, very awful Californians tbh, for her first time at county fair this spring. She took to it like a duck to water, and i was worried she would be upset when they didn’t come home from fair, so I went out and bought a pair of Champagne D’ Argents for her to raise and show so she would have rabbits in the barn to come home to after fair. Fast forward to now. One thing has led to another and apparently rabbit math is a thing as much as chicken math. We are up to over twenty cages at the moment, and picking up another 36x30 stacker and another 24x24 stacker this weekend. We have three CDA, though admittedly our buck is very low quality and the two does are middle at best. We have a small arsenal of Rex, over half of which are competitive, and a lone Californian doe. The Rex are fun so far but I really like our CDAs. They’re hard to find in our area but we may get a few next month I hope. The Californian doe is very typey and will make some nice market babies for the local county fair kids but I don’t care for her temperament. We’ve had a litter of Rex back in August and it went well - seven healthy babies total. Expecting two litters the day before turkey day, one is a lynx X chocolate otter litter we are super excited about and the other is a blue otter X lynx litter. I know that’s breaking some color rules, but it’s a litter meant to build the barn before I paint it. Several of our rabbits have narrow shoulders as their weak spot and both the sire and dam of that litter have exceptional shoulders. Anyway. She’s shown her CDA twice to get some comments on them, and attended a show two weeks back with all of her favorite Rex. We have a big show this weekend (one is a specialty followed by a double show) and then another next month. This weekend will be fun because one of our first homegrown babies will be going - I can’t wait to see how he does. We are having a lot of fun so far!

Latest posts

Back