Hello!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beesandbuns

Reaction score
I've posted a bit but I figure I should go ahead and introduce myself.

I'm a college student who is still living at home (commuting) which allows me to keep up with my rabbits and my sister's rabbits.

As such I'm the one who spends time with her and the rabbits to prepare her and them for showing.

I don't have pictures of all the rabbits, but I can certainly introduce them XD.

Duchess: Black English Spot (no pedigree) Duchess is a poorly marked english spot easily becomes over weight. We found her through craigslist, her owners were losing their hose to forecloser, and the only place they could find that would accept pets would not accept rabbits. She has lived in an out door hutch her entire life (except when at the fair) but enjoys hopping on her box and taunting my buck who's across from her. Not a snuggly rabbit but calm. Her demeaner helped my sister take fourth in her showmanship class at the fair.

Poision Ivy: Black Rhinelander (pedigree, tri-color) Posion Ivy is the second oldest rabbit of my sisters, by a few years. We got her as a pre-junior and showed her as soon as she hit the three month mark. Judges seem to like her more than our other doe and buck as she has consistantly beaten them on the show table. She's quite territoral, and the only people who can seem to handle her in her cage are my sister, myself and my dad. She's fine once moved to a travel carrier though. She's pretty and she knows it, and seems to always be washing her face. She recently had a litter of six adorable babies, four of them being showable.

The babies:
#1: A little black doe (tricolor) who we hope to name Witch Hazel. She's got just the right amount of markings and balance. She seems flatter but it could also be because she's inherited her father's demeaner.
#2: A little black buck (tricolor) who doesn't have a name but will be going to fair as our junior buck.
#3:A little black buck (tricolor) who also doesn't have a name but is show quality
#4: A little black doe (tricolor) who also doesn't have a name but is show quality
#5: A little black and orange buck (sport) named Furrari who has a wonderful arch but can't be shown
#6: A little black doe (tricolor charlie) with a mustache

Hazel-Rah: Black Rhinelander buck (tricolor) her only breeding buck Hazel-Rah is easily the most docile of the rhinelanders, but this means that he also doesn't run as well for the judges

American Pi: Black Rhinelander (tricolor) The youngest of the seniors Pi is the most heavily colored, but her black markings look to be a balance to Hazel-Rah's orange coloration

Midnight: Black Self Holland Lop She's a temporary rabbit who will be going to a new home after the fair. She's being used for a doe a litter project

My rabbits:

Iris: Lilac Doe The oldest of my rabbits Iris has earned her retirement from showing and breeding

Amelia: Lilac Doe The second oldest of my lilacs she has earned a retirement from breeding but still shows well

Angel: Lilac Doe A daughter of Amelia she has never had kits due to her never accepting the bucks who were unrelated to her. She also developed a second due-lap after being two years old

Silver: Lilac Buck Brother to Angel, Silver has the best body I've seen in a long time. Unfortunatly he is now blind and was never nor will he ever be bred

Dr. Dave: Lilac Buck Brother to Angel and Silver, he is my only show and breeding buck. His color is a bit too blue for my taste but he does have a leg

Honeycomb: Lilac Doe The snuggliest Lilac I've ever had, but ended her show career by ripping out her toenail in the winter. She's now a brood doe as her color is much better than Dr. Dave

Welcome! If you want advice: how do you named your baby bunnies plz ask me:)

Its not me who's naming the babies though, its my sister XD. Part of the reason we haven't named them is because we're trying to come up with good plant names for all of them.

Latest posts

Back