Hello!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Braden8558

Reaction score
Hi,
My names Braden and I have two male rabbits Frodo and Bandit. Frodo is older, around 7.5-8 I think, and Bandit is a little over two. They are both not neutered and live in separate hutches outside. Both of them are litter box trained! I got Frodo when he was about 3.5 years old and he is very lazy! Bandit I got a little over a year ago. Bandit is a Jersey Wooley and Frodo I'm not sure of. Supposedly he might have some lionhead in him. Recently I feel like I have been neglecting them a bit and I want to start being a better bunny caretaker. I have had them together before and they started fighting and Frodo humped Bandit in the face! I know that it may be because neither one is neutered, but I plan to try and introduce them again soon and see how it goes.

Thanks for reading!

Welcome! How awesome that you want to be a better bunny owner :) would love to see pics of your buns if you want to post them!

Be careful introducing two unneutered males. The chances of them getting along or not fighting is pretty low. I'd hate to see one of them get injured.

Hope to see you around. This is a great forum :)

Hello and welcome to the forum. Good for you to want to learn more about making your rabbits happy.

Are they currently housed near each other? Are they indoors or out? Do you have photos of them... and their cages?

I would agree that it is rare that 2 intact males will get along. The slow approach might be safer -- which is why I asked if they are housed near each other now. Having 2 cages close by so they can see/smell each other can give you an idea as to whether they might be able to bond.

Hi. They are housed in hutches outside. Both the hutches are on my deck so they get to see each other. In the winter I bring them in the house though.

I guess it's getting close to the time you bring them in. How do you do that. Do the hutches come inside or do you have indoor cages?
When you bring them inside in the winter, do you let them run outside the cage in a certain area of the house (one at a time)?
Frodo might benefit from being able to get out and about. If you have an area for them to play, you can use larger toys (your other post was asking about toys, so I'll incorporate here). Cardboard boxes with doors cut out, cardboard or plastic tunnels are both fun toys that my rabbits enjoy outside their cage.

I put them in indoor cages. One of the cages is really small though. Unfortunately I may not be in a good position to set up an x pen for one of them or both, but I may try to get a bigger cage. The thing is Frodo doesn't move around that much so I don't feel like he needs that big of a cage, however I think a cage bigger than the one he has now would be better.

if you're in the market for a bigger cage, I highly recommend checking out our NIC cage stickies in the housing and environment section :)

they're easy to make, cheaper and bigger than store-bought cages and when you're done, you get to start a thread showing off your bunnies' new condo(s)! :D

the best deal for the grids these days is at sears - http://www.sears.com/stor-floor-sta...p-00913332000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

Latest posts

Back