Hello

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whipple

Reaction score
I just got my bunny tonight. She's so pretty. I dont know exactly what color she is, but kinda reminds me of pumkin and spices. She doesnt have a name yet as I refuse to call her Pixie Twilight. That was her previous name.

Im planning on getting her a little xpen as a "cage" but she can basically free roam.

Any general advicce for a new bunny owner?

:helloand :welcome1to RabbitsOnline. I am glad you found the site. RO is a very active, friendly and helpful website devoted to rabbits and their slaves.

Here are some good links to areas of the site you might find interesting, the Library section, full of good reference info, Bunny Blog, where you can keep everyone up to date on your bunny and your life as a bunny slave and if you bunny would like to ask questions of other buns the Bunny Chat is the spot to be. The regional forum is a good way to find a rabbit savvy vet or to post places where you get some of your supplies for your bun etc. For the lighter side and to give you a chuckle or two stop by the go to the Let Your Hare Down section for anything but bunny's.

Here is link to the rules of the site, light reading Rabbits Online Forum Rules.

There are lots of knowalgleable people on here, aswell as a libary section on all your bunnies needs as indicated above in blue link.
Are you sure she is a girl? what age is s/he?
Any pictures?
Sorry for all the questions, im curious.
if you need any help just make a thread in the correct area.
eg. if she is ill, post in the imfirmanry section.
I hope you enjoy your stay

Elena

Whipple, welcome to the world of bunnies! :biggrin2:

Your new bunny sounds pretty stunning. It would be helpful if you could get a pic up of her that way we can help you out with the colour and name (I am with you on Pixie Twilight!).

In the meantime, I hope you enjoy the forum. And while I am a new member here on RO myself, I'd be happy to help you out if you have any questions, just PM me!

Im not 100% sure she's a female, I haven't checked. In fact I havent picked her up yet, she's stressing. They were doing renos where she came from so she was already stressed. So Im just giving her time.

I also have no idea how old she is. I didnt really think to ask. How can I tell?

I have a few pics, well more, but Im not posting all of them. Thatd be too many, haha.

15348_337028330202_906525202_9643371_864969_n.jpg

15348_337028355202_906525202_9643373_113837_n.jpg

15348_337801650202_906525202_9655363_3982284_n.jpg

How much food do bunnies eat? Or do I just let her eat as much as she wants? How much fresh veggies?

Welcome to the forum!!! I would look into getting some kind of Pellet food (no seeds or anything extra), like Timothy, Oxbow, Purina ect. For my boys I give 1/4 cup of food per lbs. per day. Please make sure u give Unlimited amounts of hay...this is essential for bunnys.

Check out Nutrition and Behavior and Cages and Construction. Those threads will be helpful and also have pics.

BTW your bun is sooo cute!!!

:wave:hello from me and my rexes. that is a cute looking bunny you have. i would probably change her name too! you're making a great start by letting her settle in. have you had a look at the lagomorph library - full of useful bun information:bunnydance:

:helloand :welcome1to RabbitsOnline.

You don't have to say what city your in but if you could update your profile withthe areayour in, may be likeNorth west Ohio, Canada, UK etc, that would help others provide you with info that may help you and your bunny.

If you would like to post pictures in your post this link How to put photo's in your posts will help explain that.

This is a wonderful site and I look forward to seeing pictures and reading some stories.

Dave

irishlops wrote:
:helloand :welcome1to RabbitsOnline. I am glad you found the site. RO is a very active, friendly and helpful website devoted to rabbits and their slaves.

Here are some good links to areas of the site you might find interesting, the Library section, full of good reference info, Bunny Blog, where you can keep everyone up to date on your bunny and your life as a bunny slave and if you bunny would like to ask questions of other buns the Bunny Chat is the spot to be. The regional forum is a good way to find a rabbit savvy vet or to post places where you get some of your supplies for your bun etc. For the lighter side and to give you a chuckle or two stop by the go to the Let Your Hare Down section for anything but bunny's.

Here is link to the rules of the site, light reading Rabbits Online Forum Rules.
Hey Dave - they say that copying someone is the best form of flattery - are you impressed that your intro letter is getting used without you having to work at posting it?

:biggrin2::biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back