Hello

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJJMM

Reaction score
I got ahead of myself (not unusual) and posted a question in another section.

Anyway, I live in ME on a small hobby farm with my husband, two horses, 4 ducks, two guinea pigs, two dogs, two cats, a chinchilla and of course a rabbit! I also foster rats occasionally for a rodent rescue. We used to have a lot more animals, but they have passed on over the years and we are not getting new outside animals, it ties us down a lot. All our animals have been adopted from a shelter/rescue or rehomed for various reasons.

That's about it! We are not very exciting, lol

Welcome to to the forum! I always thought we'd have a hobby farm of sorts but, as you say, it tends to tie you down. We live in a rural area which is good for that lifestyle but not so good for finding anyone willing to drive out so far to care for critters when we travel. I keep saying 'someday' ... in the meantime the kids have grown & married... 😋

Yup Blue Eyes, it does tie you down. Actually, it depends on what animals you have. The goats were way less restrictive, the ducks were not really a lot of work, it is just the horses that are. I think most of our issue is that I am a total control freak with my animals. No one can do it exactly the way I want. LOL. So we do day trips, and if I go see my family in another state, my husband stays home and cares for them. They are all healthy and happy when I get home, so I don't ask a lot of questions!! It is definitely worth it, the animals that we have taken in are so loved and spoiled now, but it truly is a labor of love.

KayDai-it is so rewarding to take an animal that was not well cared for an love and spoil them for the rest of their lives. Sometimes it is hard, but most of the time it is fun and rewarding.

Welcome! I live on a hobby farm as well! We have 2 Guinea pigs, 3 rabbits, 25 chickens, 4 ducks, 2 turkeys, 1 pig, 3 goats, 2 dogs, 3 barn cats, 1 house cat, and 1 horse (we originally had two so he wouldn’t be lonely, but the other, who came from some really bad conditions, passed away recently).

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome

Welcome! I live on a hobby farm as well! We have 2 Guinea pigs, 3 rabbits, 25 chickens, 4 ducks, 2 turkeys, 1 pig, 3 goats, 2 dogs, 3 barn cats, 1 house cat, and 1 horse (we originally had two so he wouldn’t be lonely, but the other, who came from some really bad conditions, passed away recently).
Sorry for your loss. 😞

Latest posts

Back