Hello, this is Chonker

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flemmies are amazing but I can't guarantee, I just think she or he will grow a bit more. Onion smelling poos are marking territory, so I guess older than 3 months if male and older than 5 months if a female.

You can check if she has testicles, hold her on your lap as in pic#1 and with one hand check underneath without flipping over, that is because male rabbits are very smart and can retract testicles so you won't see them. When they are relaxed and not expecting examination you will probably find them easily.

Or you can do full check following instructions on this thread, there are clear photos and it's not a baby you should see clearly the pink part coming out or not when you apply some pressure

>> Sexing rabbit pictures!

Here's another link to rabbit-savvy vets check Massachussetts there sure you will find one locally

>> Vet List | House Rabbit Society
I have a vet for my kitty who also sees bunnies we have already made an appoitnment for wednesday. Thank you for all your information! :)

She actually has a little dewlap already so she might be about 1 year old. I agree with Mariam, Flemish have bigger ears, and she is not a baby already so she looks a bit like Flemish but she won't be much bigger I think. My Smokey in avatar is a bit bigger than your Chonker, she kept growing until 1 year and a half, she is now about 2,5. She is still smaller than Flemish.

20210515_210327_hdr-jpg.55255

She's a beautiful girl! Congratulations on your new unexpected addition!

Rabbits have 6 front teeth. There are 4 incisors, and 2 peg teeth behind the top incisors. Then they have molars that are way at the back of the mouth. It takes a vet using a scope to actually be able to get a look at them for a dental check. Here's some info on rabbit teeth and some photos if you're interested in having a look.

Medirabbit: dental malocclusion
Medirabbit: dental issues and photos

There is also a lot of good info at the link below, on new rabbit ownership, feeding, litter box training, and how to get everything set up for your new rabbit.

https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/

She is very beautiful. I am so glad your family found her and is going to give her a good forever home. There are so many good resources her with regard to nutrition, litter, bedding, bunny rooms etc. Please look all over here for ideas. It has helped me so much.

I think you likely have a rabbit who is more than 1 type possibly. Good luck at the vet.

Nice looking rabbit! Did you have trouble catching her?

I found my Ted the same way. Someone in the neighborhood probably dumped him, and he appeared in our front yard one January evening. I acquired a small animal trap, and it was over a week before I caught him.

Anyway, welcome to the bun club!

I don't see any flemish in her. She has too refined of bone, and the wrong head and ear shape. She looks like a meat breed mix, is likely to have a good portion of new zealand in her.

So many uncaring humans dumping their pets. Makes humans upset that other humans cast them off like objects and rejects.

She's a beautiful agouti and regardless what breed she is, she's so dang fortunate you are willing to provide love. Breeds of all sizes and shapes get dumped. It's very disheartening that humans are constantly doing that.

- Human breeds are a funny lot, too, so we don't ask our husband/wife what breed s/he necessarily is. American mix would be an estmate because Missy looks similar to rabbits we've rescued or adopted. I hope she's not pregnant. Hope the vet can confirm.

You'd be also amazed at how many humans dump pregnant females -- based on years of experience volunteering at the shelter.

Please bring along a fecal. DVM can check for parasites. . Very happy you can get her examined asap.

Glad to hear she's acting very calm. (House Rabbit Network and House Rabbit Connection are two additional community groups dedicated to rabbit welfare and companion pets. Possibly some RO members have input on the groups above?) There's a lot to learn as a novice bun parent.

The House Rabbit Society has published excellent info plus Howcast videos by HRS educator Mary Cotter and Amy Sedaris can offer more help.

Another site in addition to the sources of education like medirabbit that JBun mentioned above.

https://myhouserabbit.com/

Hubby captured these two agouti buns back in 2006. Cuddles' wasn't spayed. BG wasn't neutered, hence we had 7 new lil' dependents to care for. BG arrived with ear mites. - Once they were altered, they became bondmates. Very affectionate considering that someone just let them go, and luckily not killed by predators or malicious humans in the area.

Sending positive vibes for your newly captured girl.

Attachments

• JSBPhotoCR_CuddlesBGBondedStreetPairRS.jpg
    JSBPhotoCR_CuddlesBGBondedStreetPairRS.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 4
I don't get why people abandon any animal, honestly. And what makes them think domestic rabbits can survive like wild rabbits? Dogs and cats, some of them, are capable of returning to their wild habits because they're predators. Domestic rabbits aren't so lucky. So it's wonderful to see when someone finds and helps an abandoned bunny.

Your baby is a beauty. Regardless of the breed--this one looks like "mixed breed"--a mellow rabbit makes a wonderful companion. I, too, would like to emphasize, don't hold a rabbit on its back, trancing. It actually stresses them.

I'll second the suggestion to watch the Mary Cotter/Amy Sedaris videos on YouTube. The House Rabbit Society Web page provides wonderful advice.

https://rabbit.org/
Rabbits chew. It is a fact of life. Many people think of them as being destructive. No, rabbits act out their instincts and chewing is one of them. If they are destructive it is because their humans didn't do sufficient "rabbit proofing."

I like to think of it this way: Rabbits can do no wrong. It is not their fault if they do harm to phone cords, electrical wires or woodwork in the house. :)

Congratulations upon your find/rescue. Your life will never be the same. It will be better.

Also, a warm welcome from me. I simply can´t understand why people can be so cruel and mean and coldhearted to just dump this precious Bonney. But thank goodness it was in your backyard.

Thank you for taking care of her. It brings so much joy to my heart ´cause every bonny deserves the very, very best!!!!

I think that I speak for us all in this forum when I say that we´ll be delighted to walk together with you and this new friend of yours.:)

It is a pleasure to know humans who cherish their rabbits and take excellent care of them. On the flip side of things, every day I encounter rescue stories of abandoned rabbits who don't survive, and rescuers witness their deaths for one reason or another. Many are abandoned or struck by vehicles, or people in the area simply don't bother to be kind, or acknowledge the 3rd most surrendered pet as cherished companions. Lagomorphs are my therapy companions for many reasons. Might include hubby, too.

I shall follow and hope to hear more about Chonker. Gentle kisses to your agouti love,

Attachments

• JSBPhotoCR_SentinelWMyRescueDadRST2.jpg
    JSBPhotoCR_SentinelWMyRescueDadRST2.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back