Hello RO!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello RO-nians!

I was browsing around for rabbit forums when I clicked on a link which led to this loving community. You can call me JR. My girlfriend sometimes uses this account to browse around as well, so don't get us mixed up :p

It was love at first sight, when we first purchased our beautiful dwarf bunny. We are still unsure to what specific breed/mix she is.. Maybe y'all can help us out with that :)

From day 1, we have been giving her the love and attention she needs most. On top of that, we have been training her to do some cute little tricks here and there. So far, she spins, and stands up -- for her delicious Timothy hay of course! We allow her the whole run of the house (except the kitchen area) and spoil her rather too much!

Her diet consists of 1 part Timothy hay and 1 part Alfalfa. We do not give her pellets as we have been educated on the cons of such "supplement." As a small treat, sometimes we'll give her a quarter-sized slice of banana, or a small slice of apple. We know the apple is high in sugar, so her ability to indulgein such a fruit is a rare occasion.

Also, I'd like to add, that a few years ago when I resided with my grandparents, we had owned quite a large number of rabbits. What a sight it is, when you allow your rabbits the freedom of their own front yard.

:)

Hello and welcome to the forum!

So does your rabbit only eat alfala and timothy hay, with the exception of the occasional treats?

I've heard of people doing pellet free diets but personally I'd be too worried about getting the right balance of nutrients in the diet.

What part of CA are you from? I was born and raised in Los Angeles but during the school year I go to Cornell in Ithaca, NY.

Thank you all for the warm welcome :)

That is correct missyscove! Her diet consists of only alfalfa and timothy hay. Sometimes I'd share a slice of banana, or maybe a slice of apple to let her have a taste just to break out of the norm. But lately, I've been itching to buy her some oats. A former pet shop owner here says that rabbits absolutely love those!

I'm from Southern California, and was born and raised in Los Angeles as well. You've gotten yourself into a nice school! :) What are you majoring in?

Welcome to RO - JR and Rica! :wave:

A rabbit's diet should consist of fresh hay (Timothy or Alfalfa) available at all times along with fresh water, good quality pellets, and fresh vegetables. Here is a link that answers frequently asked questions regarding bunny diets, information is provided by the House Rabbit Society.

http://www.rabbit.org/faq/sections/diet.html

See you around the forum!

Thank you all for the kind and warm welcome! You will all be hearing from my bunny soon! She's quite pooped today, as mommy and daddy let her run around the house for a few hours!

Welcome to RO Rica and JR! :wave:

Rica is goorgeous! Looking forward to more pics!

I'm an Animal Science major (surprise, surprise, right)
I'm pre-vet at the moment and I've been working in an animal hospital this summer, but we'll see where life takes me.

missyscove wrote:
I'm an Animal Science major (surprise, surprise, right)
I'm pre-vet at the moment and I've been working in an animal hospital this summer, but we'll see where life takes me.
That's awesome! Hopefully life takes you where you want to go!

Latest posts

Back