Hello, please talk to me.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess_8

Reaction score
Hello, I am a rabbit fanatic...obviously and do not really have anyone at home who understands my recent fascination for rabbits, so I have resorted to talking to strangers on the internet :p I have one bunny at the moment and I'm trying to convince Dad that it is a good idea to get him desexed so he can have a friend. So... I just thought I would introduce myself and since I have never joined a fourm before I'm not really sure where to go from here.... um, bye?

Well rabbit lovers are all alike, we become "bunny slaves".
For the forum you can read anything you want and post on anything. Here I'll try and help but you want Dave aka Wabbitdad12 to introduce you better.
Rainbow bridge= death of rabbits
Tributes= way to remember the lost rabbits of yesterday
Bunny Blogs= blog about your bunny and see other's.
Bunny Chat= let your bunny up and do some talking to other bunnies
Rabbits Online Forum= anything bunny.
Infirmary=Trying to diagnose the illness of your rabbit
Housing and Enviroment=questions about housing(hutch,cage,pen)
Ummm... hmm all I can remember for now! I'm Jj and you'll find your way around! Read and post! Don't forget pics of your bun are always appreciated!

Jj

Welcome. The fixing & getting a 2nd rabbit are 2 separate but related issues. There are good reasons to neuter a rabbit: behavior-wise & health-wise. Look in the site's library & show your dad the information. Months after he's neutered, raise the 2nd rabbit issue again. But you should know that it's not always easy to get 2 rabbits to bond & when they do they probably will be less interested in you.

Welcome to the forum. I have Peter Rabbit's friend Benjamin, who is a very large, fat and lovely giant french lop rabbit. He is always begging treats. He is an indoor rabbit, sleeps on our bed and spends most of his day outside in his oversized yard except for when he is chasing people around the kitchen begging treats. I understand the fasication with rabbits. I would never,never be without one. I have always found that one very human bonded rabbit enough, but then again it is always up to the "rabbit slave"as to how many that they want. Welcome again.

Haha yeah, Peter Rabbit has been dis allowed from my bedroom ever since he slept on my pillow and refused to share. In result a slept without one. He had the WHOLE bed.

I secretly think my brother is scared of him though he wont admit it. I can see it in his eyes when Peter comes up and says hello.
He always says in a joking tone 'I'm scared he's going to bite me' even after a explain that rabbits don't bite, especially for no reason. He just rolls his eyes.

Posting pics= The way I do it is click Menu at the top of your screen,scroll down to Upload photos, click, click Browse Folders and any photos on your desktop or documents open up and click on the photo. Continue on. Read carefully as there are certain photo sizes.
Hmm. Scroll through other Intro's to see if you can find Dave's (Wabbitdad12)explanation! If not I'll see if I can help! Shoot me a PM whenever you need to!

Jj(Not the stranger!!!)

Find Dave yet? Any more questions just click PM by my name! I'll reply as quickly and as adequitaley(sorry wrong spelling) as I can...

Jj

I would like to welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Many bunnies’ recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

Here are somelinks I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*The House Rabbit Society has a lot of good information on what veggies are safe for bunny’s, etc.

*Here is a link to learn what your furry master is trying to say to you How to Understand Your Bunny's Language

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How to Bond with Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

Don’t hesitate to ask questions and I am glad you have joined rabbits online; I look forward to seeing you around.

Yep! That's the guy!
Jj

Jess_8 wrote:
Haha yeah, Peter Rabbit has been dis allowed from my bedroom ever since he slept on my pillow and refused to share. In result a slept without one. He had the WHOLE bed.

I secretly think my brother is scared of him though he wont admit it. I can see it in his eyes when Peter comes up and says hello.
He always says in a joking tone 'I'm scared he's going to bite me' even after a explain that rabbits don't bite, especially for no reason. He just rolls his eyes.
Actually, rabbits can and will bite under certain conditions. And, wow, can they ever bite! Their teeth are sharp like little knives that cut through flesh with no trouble at all. My bunny, Zoom-zoom bit me by accident once, and it was nasty!

Normally a rabbit will only bite when feeling very threatened. Although some buns are just aggressive. In fact most rabbits will get somewhat aggressive as they get older if they are not spayed or neutered. So fixing a bunny will help it to keep its sweet, gentle personality (it also reduces the risk of many other health problems).

Now you're probably wondering how the Zoomer bit me by accident? Well... I was teaching him some tricks, like jumping through a hoop, and jumping over a stick I was holding. And then I thought I'd teach him to jump for treats, you know, like the dolphins do at Sea World (I can already hear the groans of experienced rabbit owners...).

That's a great trick for dolphins, because they are predators and have binocular vision. Their forward facing eyes give them great depth perception.

Bunnies, on the other hand, are prey animals. Their eyes are on the sides of their heads, so they have great peripheral vision. They can see to the sides very well, and above very well, and even behind themselves pretty well. But to the front, um... not so well. They have a little blind spot, right in front of their noses (which also happens to be where their mouth is located). You can see where this is going, right?

I was holding this treat up, urging him to jump for it. So he hunkered down and waved his little head back and forth a few times (trying to get a distance bearing with his side mounted eyes), then he launched, and the treat, and my fingers disappeared into his blind spot... and he missed.

Of course he immediately realized he missed and let go. And I was left with blood pouring out of 2 small but very deep gashes in my finger. Ouch!

So, a little advice about training your bun. Jumping through hoops, great trick!. Jumping over a stick, great trick. Jumping for treats... uh, not so much (in fact, it's quite a bad idea). LOL!

Zoom-zoom sleeps in bed with me at night. Although he's not much of a bed hog.

Latest posts

Back