Hello!! Meet Artemis!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi!

This is officially my first post on this group. My name is Sarah and I currently live in Amish country.

I could talk about Artemis all day, but I will refrain. I adopted him on St Patrick's day from a family who had purchased two rabbits from
a breeder, who told them they were girls, but this little guy started picking on the other one and they just didn't have space for another cage. Upon adopting this new rabbit, I accidentally discovered this was definitely not a girl. 😂

So anyway, he is neutered now and is almost 1.5 years old, he has full run of my kitchen, and I give him several hours a day playing in a carpeted area so he can binky and zoom. He has access to 5 litter boxes filled with shredded paper and hay since I am trying to litter train him (I had to do a lot of trial and error with the litter and shredded paper was his favorite thing to pee on.) He gets two big plates of greens in a day and a total of 1/8 of a cup of pellets since he is only 2 lbs. He currently prefers the artisan lettuce Aldi sells which I wash in a salad spinner for every meal. He is only just starting to show interest in the toys I have purchased for him. He has started becoming destructive, so I would like to eventually adopt a friend for him with the hope that having another rabbit there would help eliminate boredom.

Now, I was told he is a dwarf rex but the vet told me that he isn't soft enough. I would love to get your opinion on his breed.

Also, thanks for letting me join this community! I will try to be good about posting and asking questions. I enjoy learning and I want to give Artemis the best life that I can possibly give, but being a new rabbit owner (coming from a world of rats, gerbils and reptiles) I know that this life is always filled with trial and error.

Thank you guys!!IMG_20200602_224604.jpgIMG_20200606_112651.jpgIMG_20200513_095416.jpgIMG_20200516_110946.jpgIMG_20200429_230125.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200601_210312.jpg
    IMG_20200601_210312.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 4
He is so so cute! And so shiny! It looks like you are giving him an amazing life and, man, does he look so grateful!

Love the tower! Welcome aboard :)

Very cute. Welcome to the forum. Have been building cardboard castles for a couple of decades now. The funniest, had a 4 story one with a tiny hole in the top I thought only our dwarf could fit thru. Found our 20 pound Checkered Giant on top and I didn't think she could fit her head thru let alone her ginormous caboose!

Very cute. Welcome to the forum. Have been building cardboard castles for a couple of decades now. The funniest, had a 4 story one with a tiny hole in the top I thought only our dwarf could fit thru. Found our 20 pound Checkered Giant on top and I didn't think she could fit her head thru let alone her ginormous caboose!
That is fantastic!! 😂😂😂

Artemis is so adorable! Nice name!

Latest posts

Back