Hello, I'm new here

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dayna

Reaction score
Austin sent me this way (Thanks Austin!).

Anyway, I wanted to get a feel for the forum before I decided if this was a good place for me to post or not.

I raise meat rabbits. I have three adults that are my pets that I won't eat but are my breeder rabbits. They are lovely both in size and personality so their offspring can be pets or meat.

I know that many view rabbits as pets only so I wanted to see how the members feel about meat rabbits. If folks only deal with pets here just let me know and I'll look to another forum.

I also raise goats for meat, companions and dairy as well as chickens for meat and eggs.

I live in Hawaii and try to raise as much of my own meat, dairy, eggs, fruit and veg as I can.

People are welcome here if they treat their animals humanely.

That said, this forum has mostly pet owners & don't like to hear much about the other path. So you might want to split your time between here & rabbittalk.com. Between the 2 you should be able to find everything you want.

Hi, I'm a newby here as well. Hope you won't mind my saying, "Hang in there!" I've found that most of the time on these boards/forums until people get to know you a bit from your posts they often don't flood you with replies. I don't take it personally. Being a newby I often don't reply either from lack of knowledge to be helpful or don't see the post sometimes. I haven't had many responses to my posts either. Hanging in here to learn what I can to be a good bunny mom. Hope you will too!

Hello and welcome to the forum. Talk of meat rabbits here is verboten, but, general questions are more than welcome. Sometimes threads don't get many comments, just how it is. My son's favorite bunny was a white New Zealand that lived to almost 12 years.

Really? Talking about meat rabbits is forbidden? Jesus, I'm out. I don't need folks dictating that I can't talk about an entire area of rabbit keeping.

Sorry Austin, thanks for the invite but wowza.

Yep. This is more of a pet forum. Check out the other place I suggested they are much more open to it.

Latest posts

Back