Hello i have a question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dribbles

Reaction score
Today we are surposed to have thundery showers and turential rain, should i bring dribbles in or leave her where she is? The only reason im worried about bringing her in is because of the two cats but i would keep a close eye on her.

Are you going to be home all day?

Here's why I asked, if you are I would leave your bunny outside (I'm assuming that is where she lives normally) and as the storm approaches keep an eye on the rabbit. If they rabbit starts acting scared when the storm approaches, thunder etc, bringher on in. If the bunny seems fine, I would leaveher outside. The bunny eventually has to get used to the storms anyway becauseshe lives outside.

If your not going to be home, bring her in and keep her in a room safe from the cats.

especially make sure you watch the water levels. I think she has a second level, but I remember seeing that her cage is on the ground. Just keep an eye on her...make sure she has shelter etc.

You are perfectly okay to keep her inside with the cats. I have lots of ideas to help you with that if you'd like!

For one, you can keep wandering, curious paws out with this product:
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=13483&forum_id=1&highlight=mesh,+cats

Another thing you can do, is get your cats some Soft Paws (also called Soft Claws). You can check out the product at websites of the same name (i.e. softclaws.com, etc). They are vinyl caps that you adhere to your kitty's claws, and they grow with the nail and come off when they shed the nail naturally. They're great at keeping your cats from clawing other things, too!

I've done both of these things, and have solved any problem I might have with our cats bothering the bunnies. Even if we're not around, they can't do the buns ANY harm, mostly because the mesh I posted the above link about is too small to allow wandering paws in the cage. It's great! The Soft Paws are for when the buns are out, so any playing isn't harmful for the bun. :)

Hope that helps! Could prove to gain a much healthier life for your bunny! Not only that, but (if you don't have one) you can build a nice indoor cage for your bunny(ies) out of NIC cubes (use the search box, and look up "NIC"). It's cheap, you can do any design you want, and it's easy to assemble. They're very strong, too! :)

If you want any other inexpensive ideas, let me know! We've come up with lots of inexpensive ideas for our buns' cages. :)

Hope all that helps! :)

--Rosie*

Back