Hello! I am new :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrianah

Elon's mother
Reaction score
Hi everybody!
My name is Mariana! And me and my boyfriend (we live together) just got a 4 weeks old Netherlands dwarf!!
We love him!! <3
We are living in San Antonio but will be moving to Plano Tx. At the end of November!
Elon (our rabbit) will love to have some friends to play!! And we will also help anyone that needs rabbisitting!!! My bf works from home! So there is always someone here!

Welcome and congrats on your new bunny! You will have to give him lots of extra attention and care. 4 weeks is VERY young, baby bunnies should ideally not be separated from their mother and her milk until they are 8 weeks old. If you have no access to your bunny's mother, the more experienced members of this forum might be able to guide you through raising your kit through the crucial next few weeks. You should be warned that babies weaned too early are likely to have persistent digestive problems, so keep a close eye on your bunny!

I highly recommend getting a good rabbit vet to give your bunny a health check as soon as you can. They can advise you on how to take care of him. Here's a good vet list the site has compiled: http://www.rabbitsonline.net/f21/tx-rabbit-savvy-vets-10107/

In the meantime, this is a great resource to read up on bunny care, they have articles on everything: http://rabbit.org/category/house-rabbits-101/

Hope all goes well with your new furbaby! :)

Hello there and welcome to the forum :)

I agree that 4 weeks is very young, at that age his digestive system may not even be fully developed, so you will need to be extra careful as there is a chance that he may not survive having been separated so young. The other alternative is that whoever you go the rabbit from, may have told you they were 4 weeks (younger animals sell better) when he really wasn't. Any chance you could post a picture? We love seeing pics of cute bunnies :D

Hi there! Welcome to the forum. I'm new too ^^

I think you've come to the right place, since you've been given such a young bunny, im sure the experts here will do all they can to help you help Elon!! :)
Everyone here is very helpful and knowledgeable.

:)

Thank you for your replies! Honestly we bough it on a wimp! We didn't know anything about bunnies at all! And yes we later on learned that 4 weeks is too young :( So we are tying extra hard to take care of him!
Right now he eats pallets and maybe like on straw of hey a day! ( he doesn't really like it) he drinks water from a bottle and apparently he doesn't have any trouble with it!
The lady that sold it said he didn't need any vaccines, but we read that they do! So we will be taking him to the vet!
Here is a pic of him to see if you guys can guess his weeks

image.jpg

Very cute little one. If you weren't there for the birth, it's impossible to tell exactly how old your bunny truly is. A vet check is always a good idea anyways. For now, start your little one on alfalfa for his first six months--gives extra protein and calcium for growth which they need til six months and then transition over to another type of hay--they need the roughage 24/7 to help wear the teeth and keep them going with a normal healthy diet of what they'd be dining on in the natural setting. Very cute, and can't wait to see more.

Welcome to the forum. Your baby is very cute! In the US there are no required vaccinations labeled for use in rabbits.

Latest posts

Back