Hello from Washington! :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ro0ster

Reaction score
Hello all!

My name is Jennie, Im 26 years old and I am a brand new bunny owner. I am looking for good friends, learning new things and listening to all the advice I can.

I adopted my black lion head buck from an absolutely wonderful rabbitry close to me 3/2/13. The moment I saw him I was in love. I had thought about getting a bunny for a while but after recently losing a most beloved pet rooster, I felt it might just be the time and he has already made me feel so much more at ease. He is 10 weeks old and came to me with the name Jean Claude which is pretty cool and hard to top. Other names I have in mind are Mr. Darcy & Edward Fairfax Rochester lol. I figured id give it some time to decide.

He is currently housed in a modified single unit ferret nation that extends into a large enclosed play pen. I'll post photos of his home soon. Other than being a slight skiddish when first picked put he quickly calms down and very much enjoys just sitting/laying with me.

I dont want to stress him out too much and I have been trying to see if this is normal or if he is just frightened? He will literally just plop down and lay with me! He is super calm about it, if he hears a noise he will perk up and take note, maybe get up and see what it is and then come back and lay down with me again. He really is just a sweetie pie. I want to give him all I can.

Here are photos his breeder took that stole my heart.

Xo5ULAf.jpg

54d5FMi.jpg

Hello!!

I am newish bunny keeper as well and I am from Washington !!

Your little bunny is very cut and fluffy! welcome to the site.

Hello and welcome, looks like you've got yourself a little handful there with all that fur! Very cute bunn though. Rabbits are very rewarding pets, though as a prey animal they can take a little while to settle in. The first day or two when I picked up my rabbit Bandit, he would struggle, now most of the time he just accepts it (1 week after getting him). It's all about gaining that trust. I always try giving him a little treat (some freshly picked parsley or basil) right after I pick him up so that he knows it's a good thing.

Welcome! I love how fluffy your new bunny friend is! I hope you keep his name, his face definitely looks like a Jean Claude. :p

Welcome! I also have a black Lionhead! Although, yours looks to *maybe* have some Angora in him? That is quite the coat!

He is adorable, I love the name Mr Darcy but I'm a Pride and Prejudice fan, lol. I also love the name Jean Claude.

Sounds like he is settling in quite well. I let my two free run while sitting and reading or watching tv and kind of "ignore" them and that's how I bonded.

Looking forward to hearing more from you and again welcome!

Welcome to the forum! Your bun looks like he hasn't shed out his saddle yet aren't they just so fluffy! As he gets older his hair should thin out especially over his back. My name is Sarah and I raise tan rabbits in Texas

Latest posts

Back