Hello from Virginia Tech!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apscvt11

Reaction score
Hello!

I am a recent grad from Virginia Tech who is starting vet tech school in the fall. I have 2 amazing buns, Tribble and Pippin.

I got Tribble from a family friend whose nephew was allergic. He is around 2 years old and I had him neutered in Nov 2011. For any Star Trek fans out there you can probably see where the name comes from, he is a big pile of floof everyday.

P6104384.jpg

P5286292.jpg

I just recently got my other bunny Pippin who got the name as he is mischievous and I am a huge Lord of the Rings nerd. He is younger, around 5-6 months and I don't know his breed, just that the people who bought him from Petland were told he was a "dwarf mix". He has an appointment to be neutered at the beginning of April as soon as I finish saving the funds (So expensive!)

P2268714.jpg

P2288824.jpg

In addition to those guys I also have 4 leopard geckos Sheldon, Saphira, Xenia, and Tinkerbell. As you can tell my apartment is a zoo! :biggrin:

Welcome! My husband went to Virginia Tech :)
Your bunnies are beautiful and I love their names!!!
This is a wonderful forum and Im sure you'll love it!

Thanks! I really enjoyed my time here and am a little sad to be moving on. But I must!

They are adorable aren't they?! I must admit their looks get them extra treats once in awhile :halo

Welcome to the Forum.

Absolutely handsome bunnies. Congratulations!

Also congratulations on your recent graduation from Virginia Tech and wishing you luck with your continued eduction to become a Vet Tech. Are you going to specialize in small animals? The bunny world needs more specialty vets.

BTW, how's everyone down there at Virginia Tech. Don't need to bring up those bad memories, but was very vigilant with the news watching everything unfold. So sad.

Hope all is well down there now.

Look forward to chatting with you regarding bunnies.

K :)

Hi ZRabbits!

I have been a through and through large animal person for most of my life, but choosing to work with the smaller guys opens up more opportunities. I am actually looking into possibly going after exotics/wildlife after I get my license though.

We are all doing well down here now. Luckily there weren't too many news cameras around in December like there was on the 16th. That was probably the worst part of the whole thing.

Thanks for the compliment on the buns! Of course it will just go straight to their heads, but what can we do?!

OMG Tribble. I've always said if I had an angora, it would be named Tribble. I love it.

They're too cute.

Welcome to the forum! Tribble and Pippin are adorable! I'm studying to become a veternarian hopefully in my last year and then i'll start applying to vet school. Good Luck with vet tech school! And Exotics whoa That sounds like much fun I'm more of a large animal person myself.

Thanks Sarah! (My name as well!)

I'm a large animal person as well. Spent the majority of my time in school at the barns and showing cattle. But unfortunately the job outlook is much better in small animal/exotics and with the economy as it is smart choices must be made! Lol.

LOL no problem Sarah! :p

Oh yea i know about where the money is going to be made but it's just not as fun to me. I've been working at small animal clinics for about five years now but every chance i can get to be around large animals i definitely take advantage of. Only thing I haven't tried is working at a zoo which i'm hoping to do soon :D

Apscvt11 wrote:
Hi ZRabbits!

I have been a through and through large animal person for most of my life, but choosing to work with the smaller guys opens up more opportunities. I am actually looking into possibly going after exotics/wildlife after I get my license though.

We are all doing well down here now. Luckily there weren't too many news cameras around in December like there was on the 16th. That was probably the worst part of the whole thing.

Thanks for the compliment on the buns! Of course it will just go straight to their heads, but what can we do?!

Glad to hear you are looking into going into exotics/wildlife. I think this will be a trend. More and more people I know are getting bunnies. Not just bunnies but birds, starting aquariums, rats, guinea pigs, geckos, snakes, etc. Not just a dog and cat world anymore.

Tell me about being a large animal person. Funny, my husband raised two Kuvacz. Marque was 138 lbs. Ice was 129 lbs. This is the first time my husband has been dealing with 2 lbs to 3 lbs. But it is an amazing experience for him. To have a 3 lbs bunny follow him around and lay at his feet. Just amazing.

Wishing you all the success in your schooling to become a Vet tech.

K :)

I would like to welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Any troubles with Tribble?;) Your buns are very cute.

Many bunnies’ recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

Here are somelinks I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*The House Rabbit Society has a lot of good information on what veggies are safe for bunny’s, etc.

*Here is a link to learn what your furry master is trying to say to you How to Understand Your Bunny's Language

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How to Bond with Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

Don’t hesitate to ask questions and I am glad you have joined rabbits online; I look forward to seeing you around.

Latest posts

Back