Hello from sunny california

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nose_twitch wrote:
How cool! Go OC! Unfortunately housingis so expensive here I don't envision myself being able to afford ahouse with a nice big yard like I want. I'll have to move toMontana or something, so I can have a farm. Anyway, I'mattaching some pics of my bunny JJ. Can anyone help me bytelling me what breed he is? I can't figure it out.

Really cute! The color looks almost like lilac (which is an actual breed too, isn't it?). Very unusual, anyway!:D

Rose

Hey all! Thanks for all your great replies. I took your advice and asked Pamnock, and this is what she said:

"How adorable! The color appears to be blue tort.I'm guessing it may be some type of dwarf x lop mix. MaybeMini Rex mixed in also."

I've noticed three different colors on him: bluish, brown,and white. Gotta love the mutt! I look forward toseeing all of your bunny's pics.

Well on Friday, I was relaxing after a long weekat work, and JJ started sneezing really badly. I'd heard himsneeze a few times over the last couple days, but this was bad.

So off I was to the vet, who told me he had "Snuffles" and I had togive him antibiotics for 10 days. Poor JJ hates being helddown to take it, and I wonder if Snuffles is just one of those thingsthat will disappear without medication and I was too hasty to take himto the vet.

Not to mention, he's not much of a traveler. The poor thing was scared out of his mind when I took him.

Poor guy.

He'll be in my prayers.

:pray:

-Carolyn

Snuffles is a DEFINATE tripto the Vets it will NOT get better on itsown and can go into Pneumonia .you did the right thing , never secondguess a vet trip . Better 10 daysof nasty tasting meds than adead rabbit . right .

Oh wow, didn't know it was that serious. The vet acted like it was rather normal for a rabbit to have it.

I'll definitely keep giving the stuff to him! Thanks!

Definitely deadly, nose_twitch, if it isPasteurella and not treated. Nothing to mess around with, andit's contagious to other rabbits if they'reexposed.The little one may need to stay onantibiotics for the rest of her life.

Did the vet take a culture to diagnose him? Some symptoms ofpasteurella can mirror other problems, so I'd have a culture done tofind out for sure what you're dealing with if he/she didn't.

-Carolyn

No she didn't have a culture taken.She wasn't really a rabbit vet. I took JJ to her because itwas the only emergency room I could find for animals in my state ofpanic. She did recommend a vet who specializes in rabbits inmy area, so I'll take JJ to him soon (he has to be neutered) and maybesooner than I would like if this sneeze doesn't go away.

It does already seem to have subsided, though.

nose_twitch wrote:
No she didn't have a culture taken. She wasn'treally a rabbit vet. I took JJ to her because it was the onlyemergency room I could find for animals in my state of panic.She did recommend a vet who specializes in rabbits in my area, so I'lltake JJ to him soon (he has to be neutered) and maybe sooner than Iwould like if this sneeze doesn't go away.

It does already seem to have subsided, though.
Is there any discharge from jj's nose or eyes? If so, is it clear?

If it is suspected "snuffles" or Pasturella, then a culture should be taken.

No discharge at all. Vet said he wasperfectly healthy except for the sneeze. He hasn't beenacting any differently either.

I also asked about his testicles...I thought they were swollen, but he turns out he's just a well endowed lil' bunny. :)

JJ is fully recovered. He's jumpingaround and giving me lots of kisses. I'm absolutely in lovewith this rabbit. My boyfriend is jealous.

Since you all know what my bunny looks like, I thought I'd show youwhat I look like. (I know that I'm curious about what all ofyou look like.) This is a really good picture ofme. I'm a lot uglier in real life, hehehhe.

Latest posts

Back