hello from Shawn and Tucker

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnwk1

Reaction score
Just thought I'd introduce myself and my rabbit Tucker. I just adopted him after 70+ rabbits were dumped on the side of the road. I've been told he is an appx. 8 month old rex, but honestly I wouldn't have any idea since it's been 16+ yrs since I've had rabbits. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

thanks so far he seems pretty laid back with the exception of his food aggression which i wasn't told about when i adopted him lol. he's up in his room quietly getting adjusted to his new home after quick introductions to the cats and dogs. i can't wait til he can come out and join the family after a vet check :biggrin2:

i would add a pic, but since it's saying i need a url for it then i guess that won't be happening. i have my pics on my computer only not on a website.

I would like to welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Many bunnies’ recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

Here are somelinks I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*The House Rabbit Society has a lot of good information on what veggies are safe for bunny’s, etc.

*Here is a link to learn what your furry master is trying to say to you How to Understand Your Bunny's Language

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How to Bond with Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

Don’t hesitate to ask questions and I am glad you have joined rabbits online; I look forward to seeing you around.

15972_261531_510000000.jpg

Tucker

Hi welcome to RO. Tucker is adorable. He looks big, is he? or is it just the angle of the picture.

Looking forward to hearing more about Tucker.

Susan:)

Oh yeah he's definitely a big boy lol. Idk how much he weighs yet since I've kinda been leaving him alone in his room right now to let him adjust without stressing him too much since he's not wanting to eat at all today and won't move :( could this be the begining of stasis? If so what do I need to do? (Vet isn't an option until thurs unfortunately (wasn't expecting a high er vet bill right after I got him) and I can't get ahold of the shelter until tuesday)

Oh and he's been peeing all over my floor even if he is right by the litterbox (supposedly he's litter trained). And yes he is neutered so why is he peeing all over my floor?

shawnwk1 wrote:
And yes he is neutered so why is he peeing all over my floor?
He's new, and still getting used to a new environment. Quite possibly he's just marking it as his floor. Be grateful it's on the floor - Natasha was a champion pee-er when she first came to live here, but mostly in my lap or on my sofa next to me. It took her three or four months to settle in, and she hasn't done it the year since.

Such a handsome boy....definitely not a rex though. He sounds like he is having some adjustment problems, but he should work through them with your patience and help.

it could partially be adjustment issues as well, but he is at the vet right now being put under anethesea. his teeth are bad and going to need some pulled, but the vet believes there's other issues causing him not to eat such as maybe an oral tumor or oral ulcer. hopefully the vet will be calling back soon to let me know what's going on.

idk what rexs look like so that's good to get other opinions. all i know is he is a big boy, but poor thing is all skin and bones.

shawnwk1 wrote:
idk what rexs look like so that's good to get other opinions. all i know is he is a big boy, but poor thing is all skin and bones.
The biggest thing which distinguishes Rex (or mini-Rex) rabbits is their fur. All rabbits have two kinds of fur - the undercoat and the guard hairs. In most rabbits, the guard hairs are longer and lie flat on the coat. In Rex rabbits the two kinds of fur are the same length, so the fur stands up - the best description is that Rex fur is like velvet. Once you've petted a Rex rabbit, you'll know instantly what I mean.

Natasha is a mini-Rex, and you can see the Rex fur well in this picture:

7648_252204_370000000.jpg

Because of the fur mutation, Rex rabbits have short, curly whiskers, so that's another "tell" - if your rabbit has the usual long whiskers, it's not a Rex.

Here's another mini-rex, my Scone MacBunny (RIP). Again, the Rex fur is obvious, and the curly whiskers:

7648_141432_160000004.jpg

he's at the vet still so can't look at him right now dang lol.

all i know is he is really soft and his fur kinda looks like the top picture. idk what velvet feels like, but i may have to take a trip to walmart to find out lol

maybe he's a mix w/ just a bit of rex in him? no idea lol

thanks though mike that's great info and good to know :)

Latest posts

Back