Hello from Nova Scotia, Canada

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobinLaska

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

We (my hubby, and my 4 bunnies) are from Nova Scotia - it's cold and rainy outside. Bleh.

My bunnies are my babies, and I love them like my children.

Mama and Coco are a bonded pair of rescues - Mama is the mama (duh) and Coco is her daughter. We've had them for 3 years. They were abandoned at a local SPCA and then brought back twice by families who couldn't handle them. We went to visit them one day, and heard that they were going to be adopted out separately instead. I signed the papers that afternoon to take both home. Mama is a beautiful mini-rex and Coco is a mixed breed with a sweet little black groucho-style mustache. They are very sweet.

My other buns are Wally and Eva - they are 8 week old Flemish Giants. We're trying to keep up with them, as they are so young, but so large already. Their growth rate is astounding and we hope they'll be very happy with us. They are the product of an accidental mating - their parents were show rabbits in a local 4H group - and on the drive home, they were put in the same box. Ooops.. so we adopted 2 of the babies to be our guard bunnies. :D

Very pleased to be part of this network of bunny-lovers. Hopefully we'll all be able to learn from each other!

Guard bunnies, ha! I love it :D

Welcome to RO... we require (or at least really, really love) pics, btw ;). No such thing as too many cute bunny pics!

Welcome to the forum. All of ours are rescues and a couple were brought back more than once and then scheduled for euthanasia because they were reported as aggressive. People just don't know rabbit behavior. Mr Hoppes, our newest is a sweet little Lion Head and now follows me around, loves to be rubbed and held. Big rabbits are a whole separate challenge just by virtue of their size. We have a Checkered Giant that is just under 20 pounds, so here hutch is 3 times the size of the next closest (in size) bunny. She's a lap bunny too!

Hi! I thought those were flemmies I saw. :) If yours are anything like mine in personality they will be a joy.

Now bring on the pics! :)

Last edited:
Welcome and I look forward to see pics of the bun buns! I have 4 and I'm sure I'm boring the heck out of everyone in the board talking about them, but 2 were rescues...and 2 I have raised from 4 days old when their mother died. She was an Agouti..

Welcome and start sharing those pictures when you can! I'll post pics of mine!

Good to meet you!
Vanessa

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0672.jpg

Latest posts

Back