Hello from new bunny grandma

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dalynq

Reaction score
Hi! I call myself a grandma because I'mnot the bunny owner, my 8 year old daughter is. She is quite thelittle mother with her bunny. When we told her she could have abunny, we expected a pet that was similar to the hamster my son used tohave, just bigger and cuter. She bought an adorable, white dwarfbunny 4 weeks old. Because of contradictory advice between thestore where we bought the bunny, and the store where we bought thecage, I decided to come online for verification. Wow! I hadno idea! Not like a hamster at all, which I'm very gladfor. Actually, my daughter has always loved cats but is highlyallergic to them. After what I've learned, I think that "Hopper"is the perfect pet for her. I have a few specific questions whichI've yet to find an answer for. I'm headed over to Bunny101. If I don't find my answers, you'll see me posting! Oh,we are in Temecula, CA, which is in the southern part of thestate. Bunny Grandma

Welcome to the forum!! Post anyquestions you might have - that's great that you're staying on top ofthings withyour daughter. Some parents buy theirkids rabbits and think they are low maintenance and don't really needto pay attention, but rabbits do take a lot of work.

:goodjob

4 weeks... that's really really young, and too young to be away fromit's mother really... pet stores are famous for that. Let usknow if you have any problems with your little guy and we're all morethan willing to help out.

:)

WELCOME!!

Welcome to the forum:hello:wave2

It's so great of you to do your research and help your daughter carefor her bunny:hug2:. They are a lot of work, but it's fun work!

I look forward to reading a bunny blog about Hopper and seeing her pictures:biggrin:.

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts

Aww that's so neat you want to help yourdaughter out! My mother never liked my rabbits and would never havehelped me out with research etc. I think that's great.

I liken rabbits to cats and dogs, they can laze around like cats butjump to the alert in a split second, but can be playful and energeticlike puppies. They really are amazing creatures.

Hope you enjoy RO :D:bunnydance:

Welcome to Rabbits Only!!:wave:

I agree, 4 weeks is too young, but there is nothing you can do now, youwill know for the future. Pictures would be nice please!:biggrin:

Rabbits are soo not like hamsters, but they are amazing, I am sure youwill be hooked on bunnies just like the rest of us here.:group:

Enjoy the forum,

Michaela:), Ebony:bunny5, Pebble:anotherbun and Maddie:bunny16

After we bought the bunny from store #1, thewoman at store #2 had a fit that the other store sold us a bunny soyoung. She gave us very explicite instructions not to handle ittoo much at first because we would stress it out. We've tried tobe careful with him for this reason. I make sure that my daughtergives him some down time. It's been a week so far and noproblems. Bunny Grandma

Well, I hope everything goes well with the little baby:).

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts

Latest posts

Back