Hello from Missouri

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parkinson Farms

Reaction score
[align=left]Hi Everyone,
I'm new. I joined this site because I'm trying to convince my dad to let me get Rabbits. We had rabbits back when I was a baby but I don't remember anything about it. So I want to learn. I've been doing alot of research and I think I'm really interested in Lionheads. My 4-H leader said I could get some from her. She is the best. :biggrin2:So I'm in FFA and 4-H. I'm a junior in High School and I LOVE animals. I currently have 16 goats, 4 horses, 3 cows, 4 dogs, and 2 cats. Technically only two of the dogs and one of the cats are mine but everything else is all mine. I make a point to take care of my animals first thing. When I get home from school I check on the gang and then do my homework. ALL my animals are spoiled. :biggrin:My goats are so spoiled that my buck, Bam Bam expects a cookie every dinner time. LOL. He's spoiled rotten. I have two rabbit hutches left over from when we had rabbits and everything but the rabbits. All my animals have names except for two cows. One has a name because she was my bottle calf. I'm currently bottle raising two goats as well. (Mozzie and Kenya.) I am hoping to eventually become a Vet. That is one of my big dreams. I've wanted to be a vet since the third grade. We currently rescued four doe goats that were in terrible conditions. Kenya was one of them. I have her dam but she was in so bad of condition she couldn't care for little Kenya. Kenya was two weeks old when we got them and is now a very Healthy and Happy one month old. I'd apreciate all the advice on rabbits as I can get. I know my 4-H leader can help alot but I'd like to start getting help from all kinds of Rabbit people also as my 4-H leader has been going through a ruff spot. Expecially since they started off the summer with like 20 rabbits (some are her daughters 4-H project and some are just hers) However her daughter was in charge of caring for them and she apperantly didn't and Donna (that's her name) lost 14 rabbits!! Needless to say she isn't very happy that her daughter neglected to feed them. She has cut her daughter off from the rabbits and is now taking care of them, her daughter and son, her goats, cattle, and leading 4-H. Her husband works out in hay fields, planting crops,fixing fence, etc all day every day. Donna has a lot on her plate but she is such a great lady and so helpful. I'm very thankful for her. Without her I wouldn't be the Goat lady I am now. Well just thought I'd introduce myself. What is your favorite Rabbit Breed and why? Thank you. And Just because I love my spoiled little Bam Bam and Kenya. Here is a picture of Bam Bam, my buck, and Kenya one of my rescue girls.[/align]

[align=left]Bam Bam, 17 months old[/align]

[align=left]
304860_1890017659992_1528015175_31454078_806700497_n.jpg
[/align]

[align=left]Kenya, this is her at 3 weeks old. A week after we got her.[/align]

[align=left]
319350_1859501817115_1528015175_31418993_3001782_n.jpg
[/align]

hi Nadine, welcome to Rabbits Online, this is an awesome website, I love it! :inlove::inlove:
Everybody here is very nice and also very helpful. They're very knowledgeable so no rabbit is in trouble if you post on the infirmary (hopefully you won't need to, I hope you have very healthy bunnies).

You have beautiful pets, you're lucky to have them all!! I wish I could too... I wanna hold all animals of the world and protect them all..!

I don't see why you can't have a rabbit. You clearly know how to take care of animals, and you're very mature and responsible too. If your parents concerned about how rabbits behave, they're very sweet and affectionate! Very intelligent too, I'm sure you'll love to have them. If you give them enough time and attention, they'll be your best friends.
When I used the computer and didn't spoil my bunny for some time (like 10 minutes, haha) he immediately jumped on my lap, to stay with me. He wouldn't want to just stay by my feet under the chair..

I don't see why you couldn't have a rabbit. If I were you, I'd have even more than one (it seems like you got room enough) but then make sure they're like neutered, it seems like they fight if let together after they grow up. I only had 1 rabbit at a time, but if I could find a decent vet who could neuter bunnies here, I'd certainly have a bunny family at home. They're really sweet, the best pets I've ever had, along with a chicken when I was a kid.

Good luck and please keep us updated if you managed to get the rabbit(s) you want!

Seems like my day is just getting better. MOm and dad said they are talking about rabbits (YES. they did this last time before they agreed to let me get my puppy, caffrey), My doe(goat)Candy is so huge we and she isn't due til November (we might get triplets out of her.) My other girl looks like she's gonna have triplets, and Tinkerbell, of my goat kids, that was sick is all better. YAY!!

I would like to welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Many bunnies’ recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

Here are somelinks I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*The House Rabbit Society has a lot of good information on what veggies are safe for bunny’s, etc.

*Here is a link to learn what your furry master is trying to say to you How to Understand Your Bunny's Language

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How to Bond with Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

Don’t hesitate to ask questions and I am glad you have joined rabbits online; I look forward to seeing you around.

Back