Hello from me and my rescues!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilentTearsAnimalRescue

Anne.M.Kenyon
Reaction score
Hi everybody and everybun :bunny19:brown-bunny:group2:
My name is Anne, or Annie if you prefer!
I live in the United Kingdom, in the city of Liverpool. I run a small, but overflowing self funded rescue sanctuary, mainly consisting of rabbits and birds, although hedgehogs and even an injured snail have found solace and healing within the welcoming arms of Silent Tears Animal rescue (S.T.A.R)
I usually have rabbits for adoption to very carefully selected and checked homes, and of course I have the permanents, usually bunnies who have such special needs that I would never, ever move them on.
Got lots of fun, and also heart breaking videos to share if you would like to see them.
Am looking forward to getting to know you all
xxx Annie and the Animals of S.T.A.R xxx

:welcome1 to RO!
It does sound like you're doing a lot for rabbits and I think I can speak for all of us and say that we all thank you very much!
I hope you enjoy the forum, its a lovely place to be!
:rabbithop

Welcome. It sounds like you're really doing lots of good for rabbits & other animals.

Thankyou LakeCondo, I do my best for any animal (mainly rabbits now) who come into the care of S.T.A.R. Sadly, it isn't always enough to undo the harm already done to some of the poor souls, but if not, then I will always make sure their last days/months/hours/whatever are filled with warmth and comfort and love, but no more pain or suffering. That becomes a thing of the past for the precious ones.

:welcome1 to RO!
It does sound like you're doing a lot for rabbits and I think I can speak for all of us and say that we all thank you very much!
I hope you enjoy the forum, its a lovely place to be!
:rabbithop

Thankyou WhiteLop :) We must have been posting at the same time earlier, so my appologies for missing it then.
The animals are so very special and precious, they are worth every single second of care, and much, much more :bunny19:group2:

I'm not really sure where else to post this vid, as I'm still learning my way around the site, but I thought here would be as good a place as any, so you can see a bit more about life in S.T.A.R.
I hope this will be ok, and humbly in advance appologise if I'm doing wrong and the vid needs to be removed xx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqPZbmLcxfA&feature=youtu.be

Congratulations on all the work you do and what an absolutely wonderful testament to this work...oh how I cried for those that went over the bridge and for those that came back to us through the love and constant care of people who really do love animals...there are such cruel and inhumane people out there but there are also those who dedicate their lives to making the lives of other creatures so much better. I salute you all :clapping:

It's Larry actually. Took over this when we changed computers and was too lazy to change anything. The video was great but really got the tear factory going. I'll never be able to truly understand how people can be like that.

Welcome, so glad that you are looking after those poor little animals. Just did a sign for Kipcha and her new rescue in Calgary. Can't take animals but would be more than delighted to help out any of the rescues with signage free of charge. Just PM me and we will see what we can do to accomodate your needs.

awwww! video made me cry... I got through all of two minutes of it before I had to hit pause and go into the living room to hug the crap out of my bunnies! I ended up bringing them into my room (where they normally never go 'cause it's an un-bunny-proofed disastrous mess) and watching the rest of the video with them. considering they're normally not big snugglers, I was nothing short of amazed that they let me hold BOTH of them in my arms at the same time for six whole minutes and barely wiggled at all, let alone tried to get down. I guess they knew I needed some bunny huggles!

get that paypal button that I asked for added to your site already! :p

Sorry Larry :(

The video was so heartbreaking and the accompanying text was so beautiful. It is a cruel world out there and none of us can understand why people do what they do to these innocent creatures. I also needed lots of bunny love and hugs last night from my three just to remind me how lucky I am. Keep up this fantastic work.

:happyrabbit:

Congratulations on all the work you do and what an absolutely wonderful testament to this work...oh how I cried for those that went over the bridge and for those that came back to us through the love and constant care of people who really do love animals...there are such cruel and inhumane people out there but there are also those who dedicate their lives to making the lives of other creatures so much better. I salute you all :clapping:

It's Larry actually. Took over this when we changed computers and was too lazy to change anything. The video was great but really got the tear factory going. I'll never be able to truly understand how people can be like that.

Welcome, so glad that you are looking after those poor little animals. Just did a sign for Kipcha and her new rescue in Calgary. Can't take animals but would be more than delighted to help out any of the rescues with signage free of charge. Just PM me and we will see what we can do to accomodate your needs.

awwww! video made me cry... I got through all of two minutes of it before I had to hit pause and go into the living room to hug the crap out of my bunnies! I ended up bringing them into my room (where they normally never go 'cause it's an un-bunny-proofed disastrous mess) and watching the rest of the video with them. considering they're normally not big snugglers, I was nothing short of amazed that they let me hold BOTH of them in my arms at the same time for six whole minutes and barely wiggled at all, let alone tried to get down. I guess they knew I needed some bunny huggles!

get that paypal button that I asked for added to your site already! :p

Sorry Larry :(

The video was so heartbreaking and the accompanying text was so beautiful. It is a cruel world out there and none of us can understand why people do what they do to these innocent creatures. I also needed lots of bunny love and hugs last night from my three just to remind me how lucky I am. Keep up this fantastic work.

:happyrabbit:

Thankyou all so much for your wonderful responses to the precious S.T.A.R animals in this vid. There most certainly are times when I think ''I cant do this any more, I cant bear to see any more of this'', but it is always little Binky, the tiny baby budgie that gets me back on track and thinking ''I can, and I WILL'' because I vowed to that little baby bird that her death would NOT be in vain.
(Her full story is here, and I know she's not a bunny, but I guarantee when you 'meet' her, she will embed herself snuggly in your hearts for eternity, the same way in which she has on almost 100,000 followers on youtube :heartbeat: )
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q428y-XN4hw[/ame]
Still working on the Paypal button Imbrium, dont know why Im struggling so much with it, because it would help me so very much. I must be a right thicko, lol!
Love to all, and thankyou again,
Annie and the animals of S.T.A.R XXX

aww, poor binky! :tears2:

she was SUCH a little trooper! she makes me think of one of my hammy babies, the runt. by the time they were a week old, I could tell he was smaller. at two weeks, he was maybe half the size of the others. at about a month old, he weighed 9-10g while his brothers weighed around 28-35g. he looked sickly and "off", as he had his eyes open like the others but was a good bit smaller than hamsters normally are by the time their eyes open. I couldn't believe he was even still alive - there was obviously something seriously wrong with him; I would've thought he'd die on his own or his momma would cull him.

the vet diagnosed him with a heart defect and told me he probably wouldn't live more than another 1-2 weeks. that was 19 days ago. in the last two weeks, he's suddenly gained weight like crazy; he's gone from only 1/3 the size of his litter-mates to 50-60% of their size. he acts normal, as though he doesn't realize there's something wrong with him - he plays with his brothers, runs on their wheel and has a great appetite. I'm still expecting to wake up one day to find that he's passed away, but he's going strong.

aren´t animals just amazing. Maybe it´s cos you´re there for him and he knows that he´ll be safe with you that he´s fighting to be just like his siblings. I saw the photos of the brood and it´s incredible how many there are. Sometimes life is so cruel to take healthy ones from us too soon but doesn´t it put a smile on your face to see nature fighting back sometimes. I hope he just grows and grows and proves everyone wrong.

I´ve seen a couple of your videos, Annie and they are so beautiful. I just love all the words, don´t know if you write them but they really touch deeply. I cried the whole time I watched the video and the one about Marge...I think I´ve cried more this week with all that´s been going on than the whole of the rest of the year.

I think I´ve cried more this week with all that´s been going on than the whole of the rest of the year.

indeed, it's been one of those weeks... so much sadness; far too many Rainbow Bridge entries. the world just seems awfully unfair sometimes... I can't wait for things to get back to normal!

Latest posts

Back