Hello from Laura, Willow, and Cedar

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sophiegirl81

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Laura and I love bunnies with all my heart. All my friends say I'm obsessed, and I have to admit, it's true. I got my first bunny, Sophie, from a pet store in 2005. Sadly, she died last October because I didn't understand proper diet or how important spaying females is to prevent cancer in their reproductive system. I still miss her every single day, but I was determined not to let her death be in vain, so I adopted my next 2 rabbits from a shelter, and started volunteering in the rabbit room there too. I committed myself to learn everything I could about rabbits and the right way to do everything with them. I have done a 180 in the way I care for my current 2 buns, I'm just ashamed it took Sophie's death to get me where I am today. :(

Right after Sophie died, I went to our local animal shelter to adopt a new bunny, and I got Willow, a 1 and 1/2 year old Thrianta mix. About a month ago, I adopted a black and white ADORABLE 9 month old male named Cedar. All the rabbits are spayed and neutered before they are put up for adoption, so they are both fixed.

I am now in the process of trying to bond them because Willow is very co-dependent on me and needs constant attention. She is very insecure, maybe from being abandoned as a baby. I work full-time and live alone, so I thought a companion bunny would be a good idea for her. Little did I know how spoiled, stubborn, bossy, and territorial she was until I brought Cedar home!

It is MUCH harder than I thought it would be to bond them, but I LOVE Cedar and am determined to make it work, even if it will take a long time. I don't have enough room to house them separately, and I don't want to take him back to the shelter. Please see my other post if you know anything about difficult bondings, I could use some help! :pray:
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=67348&forum_id=48

I'm so glad I found this site because I only have 1 other friend who is as much of a bunny person as I am, and lots of times I have questions and no one to ask. Thanks for reading this, and for helping make the world a better place for rabbits!

:welcome1

So sound like an awesome bunny slave, glad to have you on board!

I'll check out your other thread.

sas :hello

Thanks Pipp! I was taking a look at your thread on tips for caring for bunnies during this recession, and it is very good. I didn't know about being able to ask produce departments for their extra "leavings", that's cool. I am sad to say I never used to buy veggies before I had bunnies! They have made me a regular in the produce department at the grocery store near my house, and I know the produce manager if not by name, by his face. We always say hi every time I'm at the store. I will have to ask about the extra veggies next time I'm there.

Thanks for looking at my other post too, I know it's REALLY long, I tried to edit it to make it shorter but I thought if I didn't put all that in there people would ask "did you try a spray bottle", "did you try a sheet", "how long have you had Willow", "did you try a car ride", etc. I thought better to put it all out there and have anyone who has ideas to know all relevant info.

welcome to all things bunny!!! :wave: We would love to see pics of your babies!!! i have a willow also, she is a 1 yr old standard rex

:wave: Welcome to the forum. As with all thing it takes time and patience to achieve your objective. One thing we know from experience, not all bunnies can be bonded. Fortunately, most can. Good luck.

I would like to welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Many bunnies’ recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

Here are somelinks I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*The House Rabbit Society has a lot of good information on what veggies are safe for bunny’s, etc.

*Here is a link to learn what your furry master is trying to say to you How to Understand Your Bunny's Language

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How to Bond with Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

Don’t hesitate to ask questions and I am glad you have joined rabbits online; I look forward to seeing you around.

Latest posts

Back