Hello from Ithaca, NY! :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:rabbithopHi Everybun! I've been looking around this forum with a few posts lately and I figured it's time for a more formal introduction! For a start here are my two buns, Tribble the female lionhead and Pipkin the male netherland dwarf!

Pipkin I adopted from the SPCA 7 years ago; he is 7 1/2 now. Tribble I rescued, it will be two weeks ago this Saturday! She was running up a very busy road and I shouted for my husband to pull over so I could get her. She ran across the street (thankfully cars weren't too close at that moment) and I followed in pursuit. Luckily I was able to grab her then. I'm not sure if she was let loose on purpose (closest things are stores and farm fields but she can move FAST) or if she was lost. No one has responded to my craigslist post though and she won my heart so I adopted her. I've since bonded her and Pipkin--they get along very well very fast! I'm not sure if Tribble is fixed but I am planning to do a quick shave on her belly soon so I can see if I can see a scar. I'm doubtful as my male sometimes irritates her by humping her (he is neutered) but apart from that they get along great.

(As an aside from my HI! if anyone is from the area and knows a reasonable priced vet for a spay I'd appreciate it! The SPCA does not do rabbit spays for the public..)

Last edited:
Hello again and welcome :) I like the name Tribble, it suits well given her fluffiness!

:hello & :welcome1
Both your bunnies are so adorable! Being a Star Trek fan, of course, I love the name Tribble! lol I had two possible names I was considering for my buns (Tribble was one name) but when I got them they already recognized their names so I left them with their names, Faith & Hope. Anyway, everyone here is very friendly & helpful. My Faith & Hope are my first bunny "pets" & RabbitsOnline has come to be my online bunny home! Hope you will make yourself at home.

:hello:welcome1to the forum. Have seen a lot of "found" bunny ads but not one lost bunny ad--some rat face you know what just dumped her out. Glad she was found by you and highly doubtful she's been neutered. That's only done by caring people with a forever home in mind.

Thanks everyone! I'm really loving this place so far! Nancy, I wondered if she was dumped, she seemed decently cared for (minus a small mouth cut she may have gotten when running loose that has quickly healed. If someone did dump her I have no idea why, she's such a sweetheart.

Back