Hello from England!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DottyRabbit

Reaction score
Hi guys, I never really got to introduce myself properly as my first thread was in a panic about one of my buns health.

I'm Bella, I live in England, and I currently have 8 buns! We had an unplanned litter and have got 6 baby buns from mummy. They're now 7 weeks old and she has been a great mum to all of them! I won't be breeding them again as it was an accident and dad is going to be neutered soon. Mum (Lottie) and dad (Snow) are both mini lops as are the babies of course :) I'm planning on keeping 4 babies and have homes for 2 (I want to keep them all! :()

I've already had some amazing help on here in a short space of time and it seems like a lovely community :)

Here's some photos :)

261512_10152352649650565_782279150_n.jpg

228293_10152337617320565_301452005_n.jpg

9706_10152337617235565_1171141513_n.jpg

32344_10152337617190565_461993250_n.jpg

534474_10152315235600565_860789096_n.jpg

521776_10152277536665565_352932505_n.jpg

squee!! such cuties!

btw, you mentioned neutering... just an FYI, they can stay fertile for up to 6-8 weeks after a neuter! you're getting the mom spayed when the babies are gone as well, I hope - they both need to be fixed if you're hoping to bond them and females have a HIGH risk of cancers of the reproductive system if they aren't spayed ;). keep in mind that if you keep four babies, that's four more spay/neuters you'll need when they get a bit older unless you want to house everyone individually.

they are adorable aren't they! :)

yes mumma is being done too and I plan to bond them eventually! I hope that in the end they can live as a group as I've heard it can work well! If not they will have to be kept seperately of course (although hopefully in pairs at least!) All babies will be done as well :) don't want any more suprises as cute as they are, there are enough bunnies as it is!

ETA: Your bunnies are adorable!

thanks!

glad you've thought everything through - I just figured it was worth mentioning just in case you hadn't, since 90% of the time someone in your situation usually hasn't planned and budgeted for all the surgeries/potential vet bills of having so many bunnies ;)

minilophop has six bunnies, I believe, who are kept in three pairs and two of the pairs are able to spend their free-run time together - she'd be a good person to talk to if you're hoping to make the group thing work out :)

ahh yes I completely agree! I feel a bit ashamed that it managed to happen in the first place as I am very responsible with my buns, it was a kind of 'freak accident'! But yes they will all be fixed! :)

thank you for the advice! I'm sure a will have a few questions to ask her! :)

Hi there Bella, all the bunnies are adorable....all different colours. I have enough work caring for three so I take my hat off to you. Do you have names for them all yet ??

I´m also originally from England but have lived in Spain for 30 years. All a bit different here with animals although they do now have lots of rescues but their pet policing is absolutely awful.

Look forward to seeing lots of news about your bunny family.

:happyrabbit:

What an ADORABLE bun family! I think it would be so fun to have little baby bunnies running around :D

My favorite picture is the one of you and I think Momma Lottie just chillin! I wish my buns would get in bed with me, but every time they do they get in to poo wars!

Aww look at all that bun cuteness!!! Love the little one with blue eyes:)

Welcome to RO!

Thanks for all the lovely welcomes guys! It is lovely having the baby buns around, even if they weren't planned :p They are all such little characters I am going to be gutted to see any of them go! All your bunnies are beautiful! :inlove:

Thank you! It really is! I am keeping four and rehoming one pair. I am finding it so difficult, I don't want the two that go to feel like I didn't want them :( I know rabbits don't think like that but you know! I just feel bad. I'm being extremely picky with where they go too, they're my babies!!!

Hi Bella,
I love the blue eyed lop. I'm looking for one of them myself, to add to my little collection! I'm new here & a Lop lover :hearts

Latest posts

Back