Hello from Canada!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaityJuju

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

My name is Caity, I'm a 27 year old woman from Ontario, Canada and I currently have 1 rabbit. I got him a week ago and already love what I've been learning and experiencing. I had rabbits many years ago when I first moved to the house I'm in right now, however I didn't really have the same appreciation for them. I also thought they were mean back then and never imagined I'd be getting another one in the future. The story behind me getting this recent bunny is actually quite interesting.

I've kept nearly every kind of pet animal you can think of besides livestock, so I have a bit of experience and I lost my cat back in November 2019. As time went by I felt a strange "hole" in myself like something was missing but I couldn't quite figure that out. I considered getting another Ball Python, which I use to keep as pets years ago, but part of me didn't really want to deal with the rats/mice anymore (sorry if this is sensitive information to some of you, but this is what they need to survive). I let it go for a while, and a week and a half ago I was in the bathroom looking out the window to the back yard and I saw something really small run under our Rhubarb plant. I looked over and saw a tiny baby Cottontail rabbit. It was raining a little bit too so I figured I should go see if I could find others around, and possibly the mother. I ended up capturing that one, and my mom found another about an hour later also in the back yard, and a 3rd was found by myself the next day. I ended up letting them all go, and they found their way back to the den they came from which I was happy for. In the short time I had them, I gave them fresh water, some carrot shavings, some leaf lettuce, and dandelion leaves from the yard. It made me basically fall in love with rabbits and that's when I went looking to see if anyone had any nearby for sale or adoption.

Ended up finding a lady selling Holland Lop rabbits not far from me and decided to get one, and it's been the best decision I have made in a long time haha. He's a joy to have around, his energy and curiosity is fun to watch. He definitely helped fill the void I was feeling since I lost my cat last year, and I hope to give my rabbit the best possible life.

I plan to have him neutered when he's 6 months old, which will hopefully help his quality of life improve more as well. I've heard good things about getting it done, so I'll definitely be looking into it more when the time comes. I'm still learning, and I did a lot of research before getting him, however there's always more to learn. I hope to meet many other rabbit owners as well and just share my love of rabbits and animals with them too. :)

Attachments

• 83487660_289282835579480_6774206162247090176_n.jpg
    83487660_289282835579480_6774206162247090176_n.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 98461871_586806005548925_5024886542594736128_n.jpg
    98461871_586806005548925_5024886542594736128_n.jpg
    412.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1378.JPG
    IMG_1378.JPG
    339.5 KB · Views: 8
Welcome and what a cutie! I’d be glad to help if you have any questions!

Oh my word, he's so beautiful! Absolutely in love with that little cutie! Welcome to Rabbits Online!

I absolutely love the name Teddy and he’s so sweet! It sounds like our bunnies are pretty close in age which is nice 😊 welcome!!

Back