hello from australia :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunny210809

Reaction score
hi everyone my name is megan and i have one lovely boy bunny :)

marshmallow was born on the:13th of September 2012

breed: dwarf lop
D.O.B: 13th of September
colour: white (light point also)
sex: male
housing: C&C cage
diet: jack rabbit pellets, different types of hay, free grass and veggies + water
so he is about 12 Weeks and 4 Days and will be neutered when 4months-5months old what ever is best for him :)

a little about me, well my name is megan but just call me meg :) i am 18 and a half years old and i also own 4wonderful guinea pigs :) i am with a wonderful guy (fiance) for over 3yrs now :)
i enjoy learning new things about all my pets and sharing advice that i might be about to give :).

marshmallowcloseup.jpg

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie... Oi, Oi, Oi :biggrin2:

I'm from Tasmania. How are you doing?
Just love your little boy his a sweet heart and looks very spoiled, hehe. Did you get him from breeder?

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie... Oi, Oi, Oi :biggrin2:

I'm from Tasmania. How are you doing?
Just love your little boy his a sweet heart and looks very spoiled, hehe. Did you get him from breeder?

nah my mum brought him from a petshop i perfer breeders or shelters but he is still a cutie:adorable:

Hi! I'm from Australia to, but Perth WA for me.
It's nice to find some people on the same timezone as me!
What a lovely bun you have! ^_^

Hi all!!

I'm from Canberra, Australia and also a newbie to the site :biggrin2:

Here is a picture of my bunny Coco who just got neutered today, poor thing :(

182511_3868788209398_297722905_n.jpg

Hi all!!

I'm from Canberra, Australia and also a newbie to the site :biggrin2:

Here is a picture of my bunny Coco who just got neutered today, poor thing :(

cute what breed of lop is urs? what age was he neutered as i need to get mine done too hehe :) and poor thing no longer a man hehe

welcome to RO!

breed: dwarf lop
D.O.B: 13th of September
colour: white (light point also)
sex: male
housing: C&C cage
diet: jack rabbit pellets, different types of hay, free grass and veggies + water
so he is about 12 Weeks and 4 Days and will be neutered when 4months-5months old what ever is best for him :)

the jack rabbit pellets... are these them? http://www.lauckemills.com.au/rabbit1.html

if so, that's not a very good pellet... the higher protein is probably ok for a growing bunny but will be too high for an adult and the fiber is *really* low. if I got the brand right but you're feeding one of the "rabbit and guinea pig" feeds, those are going to be particularly bad as rabbits and GPs have VERY different nutritional needs.

I'm unfamiliar with what all is available over there, but Oxbow is one of the top brands here and I see you have it there (I double-checked and it seems to have the same nutritional info as the stuff in the US). here's the oxbow page to find a retailer in your area - http://oxbowaustralia.com/retail-locations/ . if you can't find oxbow or it's a bit too pricey for you, then look for something with 14-15% protein and higher fiber (20% or higher min fiber, mid 20's to 30% max fiber) :).

Hi there and glad to see you on here. Love both Marshmallow; great name and really suits him and to Coco...love his flop and I´m sure he´ll recover from his neuter in no time. Mine were back to normal after only a couple of days and have been so much better since then.

Look forward to hearing lots about them and seeing lots of photos.

:happyrabbit:

okay i will do as not much is offered where i live at all :(

welcome to RO!

the jack rabbit pellets... are these them? http://www.lauckemills.com.au/rabbit1.html

if so, that's not a very good pellet... the higher protein is probably ok for a growing bunny but will be too high for an adult and the fiber is *really* low. if I got the brand right but you're feeding one of the "rabbit and guinea pig" feeds, those are going to be particularly bad as rabbits and GPs have VERY different nutritional needs.

I'm unfamiliar with what all is available over there, but Oxbow is one of the top brands here and I see you have it there (I double-checked and it seems to have the same nutritional info as the stuff in the US). here's the oxbow page to find a retailer in your area - http://oxbowaustralia.com/retail-locations/ . if you can't find oxbow or it's a bit too pricey for you, then look for something with 14-15% protein and higher fiber (20% or higher min fiber, mid 20's to 30% max fiber) :).

Latest posts

Back