Hello from Arizona!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark_Sama

Reaction score
Hello everyone. c: I'm a new rabbit owner, though not by choice, funny enough.
My friend had found a little (domestic) bunny running around in his yard and called me, begging me to come take is because he was scared his dogs were going to eat it. D:
And that's how I ended up with a rabbit. I used to have two when I was younger, but that was a long time ago. Time to re-learn everything!

This is my baby Calcifer; HNI_0098.JPG

He's only a little bigger than a (kitty cat) kitten, so I don't think he's very old. He's very friendly though! He loves to come up and lick my hands, arms, and even my feet! He hops around a lot and is eating really good (timothy hay and a little mix of rabbit pellets and fresh greens).

I've only had him for three days now, so I hope to bond even better with my little bun!

Hello!

Welcome to RO.

So glad you rescued this little fellow. If you are in the desert area of AZ, then this bunny would not have survived our heat.

He does look very young so go easy on greens for now. Wouldn't want him to get an upset tummy.

I don't know what experience you may have with bunnies, but am glad you found this forum. You are welcome to visit my rabbit site here for care tips, housing ideas, etc.
Http://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com

Hello!

Welcome to RO.

So glad you rescued this little fellow. If you are in the desert area of AZ, then this bunny would not have survived our heat.

He does look very young so go easy on greens for now. Wouldn't want him to get an upset tummy.

I don't know what experience you may have with bunnies, but am glad you found this forum. You are welcome to visit my rabbit site here for care tips, housing ideas, etc.
Http://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com

It's been about ten years since I've had any rabbits (my family had two mini lops for a good five years), so I only really remember the basics.
It was 117 degrees out when I picked the little guy up, so I'm glad he's alright! Oddly enough, it was in the middle of Chandler where he was found (I used to live out in San Tan, and it was usually out there that people were always finding rabbits that had been dumped).

Thanks for sharing the link, it'll really help me out. I've been so busy taking care of rats lately, and I don't want to mix up their care with bunny care. ^^;

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the link, it'll really help me out. I've been so busy taking care of rats lately, and I don't want to mix up their care with bunny care. ^^;

Glad the link helped. We happen to have rats also. We got ours from a great breeder out there in San Tan Valley.

One of our older rats had a stroke recently and we've been nursing her along.

Glad the link helped. We happen to have rats also. We got ours from a great breeder out there in San Tan Valley.

One of our older rats had a stroke recently and we've been nursing her along.

I got three of my boys from petco (before I knew any better) and my other three were rescues. So, a lot of rats, haha. I hope your little ratty is doing okay. D:

But I'm just head over heels for my little bun. I've started literbox training him, and he's taking to it like a fish to water so far. c:
And he always binkies when I come home from work. Or when I call his name. Or when I have little parsley and cilantro treats. He's easily excited. c:

Last edited:
that is one cute little bun ( bunny ) that you have there =0)

and welcome to the party ...

that is one cute little bun ( bunny ) that you have there =0)

and welcome to the party ...

Thank you. I'm pretty excited about my little bun...He's so incredibly friendly, and that makes me very happy. >u<

I'm sorry for the poor quality picture though, my phone is on its last legs, haha. ^^;

Very cute. Congrats on rescuing--in the last 15 years we have rescued 37 and loved 'em all.

It was a very unexpected rescue, but I don't regret it at all. I'm in love with my Calcifer.<3
You've rescued 37 bunnies? That's a lot! :O

Thank you. I'm pretty excited about my little bun...He's so incredibly friendly, and that makes me very happy. >u<

I'm sorry for the poor quality picture though, my phone is on its last legs, haha. ^^;

It was a very unexpected rescue, but I don't regret it at all. I'm in love with my Calcifer.<3
You've rescued 37 bunnies? That's a lot! :O

let me guess flip phone ... ?

oh ok, its looks like it takes the same quality as my flip phone ( I like to be smarter than my phone =0) )

but either way, its cool =0)

Latest posts

Back