Hello friends!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canadianmom

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Carley and I am researching rabbits, their care and their genetics. I have three kiddos and one of my children is autistic with his special interests being animals. I’m interested in getting into the showing world with him as I think it will benefit him socially, help his confidence and something he will enjoy. We decided on showing a rabbit as my son is gentle, sensitive and finds some people’s pets (like large dogs) overwhelming at times so I think rabbits would be our greatest match while also having long life spans to help him emotionally bond.
I’m excited to learn and have my son also learn along the way, we want to do it right so we are researching a ton!
Thanks for having me (us!).

Welcome to the forum!!! We’re glad to have you!

Welcome to the forum!

Do bear in mind when seeking info here that recommendations/requirements for keeping a rabbit for show can be quite different than those for keeping an indoor pet rabbit. Most show rabbits, for example, cannot be fixed while getting a rabbit fixed is pretty standard for pet rabbits. This means behavioral questions asked on RabbitsOnline will likely receive answers for pet rabbits (like suggesting the rabbit get fixed to solve a particular behavioral issue).

To prevent this confusion, the Rabbitry & Show Room forum is the section you'll be able to go to ask questions specifically for a Show rabbit. We have some members who have a lot of experience in the world of Rabbit Showing. They also tend to keep an eye on that particular forum as well.

Latest posts

Back