Hello, everyone

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunny parents

Reaction score
Hi, I've been looking for bunny forum where I can find good informations and people who love bunnies to join with and finally I found this forum ! :) My husband and I have no experience on bunny. We have a lovely Mini lop for about 2 months and we deeply fall in love with her. She's so sweet and cute. With this forum, we're more sure that we treat her right. Well, nice to meet you all ! :biggrin:

:) Hello back ! Could you help me ? I tried looking on forum about nail trimming. My bunny never has her nails cutting yet. She's 4 months old now and she won't allow us to hold or pick her up. When should I start cutting her nails ? Right now I can feel her sharp nails when she jumps on my lap but they're look so little and I don't know if I should cut now or what. I'm scared that I will hurt her :(

Welcome to the forum Bunny parents! :welcome1

I would try to handle her more and even wrapping her in a towel to hold her so she doesn't fear you when you pick her up.When youdo plan tocut nails, Kimiko is going to haveto beuse to you holding her.

Is there someone with more experience or a vet that can show you how to trim nails?

Let me welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Bunny's steal your heart easily, they are wonderful pets. Here is a link that has some information that might help you with trimming nails. Use a nail trimmer designed for cats though. http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=58349&forum_id=48&highlight=nail+trimming

Many bunny's recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

I have listed some links I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How To Bond With Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

I am glad you have joined rabbits online and I look forward to seeing you around.

Pet_Bunny wrote:
Is there someone with more experience or a vet that can show you how to trim nails?
Thank you for all welcome :) Well, I don't know anyone who raises bunnies here :( but I found a vet near my home who had experiences with bunnies. Last month, on 9th, I took her to the vet for checking up her health and for vaccinating. Next appointment will be on 20th September. So I will ask this vet to show me how to trim bunny's nails. We try to hold her but so far she still doesn't like it and runs away right after we put her down. I'll try wrap her with towel :) Thank you so much for the advice. :)

The best way for us to trim our herd's nails is to have one person sitting and holding the bunny getting trimmed. If your bunny doesn't have dark nails its easy to see the quick and avoid cutting it. Ours that have the dark nails get a test first. I put their nail in the clippers and tighten down enough to hold the nail--if they yank it away it usually means that I'm too close and I adjust by sliding down further on the nail. I also learned how to clip them from our Vet's technician.

I see :) My Mini lop's nails are white. I'll wait until she will get used to being held. This is a hard work to do :D She's been with us for 2 months but she still doesn't trust me or my husband. We can pet her and she loves that, in the morning she likes to run so fast around us. But when it comes down to being picked up, she gets scared. :( How long will it take for her to trust us ? I really want the best for her but sometimes, with some situations, I don't know if I do it right or wrong. Hopefully, we will be able to handle her soon.

T.A Bunnies wrote:
Welcome To Rabbits Online!:)
Is that your bunny in your profile photo?
Hi :) Yes, she's my girl ! My very first bunny ! My husband and I have been discussed about raising bunny, we both always want to have one but never had a chance. :biggrin:

Bunny parents wrote:
I see :) My Mini lop's nails are white. I'll wait until she will get used to being held. This is a hard work to do :D She's been with us for 2 months but she still doesn't trust me or my husband. We can pet her and she loves that, in the morning she likes to run so fast around us. But when it comes down to being picked up, she gets scared. :( How long will it take for her to trust us ? I really want the best for her but sometimes, with some situations, I don't know if I do it right or wrong. Hopefully, we will be able to handle her soon.
Many rabbits don't like to be picked up. My Gaston is one of them. He's just like yours, and will run all around when let out and likes to lay close to me (but not too close) and likes occasional scratches, but he hates being picked up with a passion.

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=33921&forum_id=48
This is an excellent article about bonding with your rabbit. When I read it I found out Gaston is bonded to me, but that doesn't mean he wants snuggles.

I also had to wrap Gaston in a towel to trim his nails. He didn't like it but once he was wrapped tight enough he calmed down. I live alone, so I don't have anyone to help me trim nails, so I wrapped him in the towel then held him on his back like a baby and he calmed down. I know he didn't like it, but no harm was done to either of us and he wasn't so mad at me that he refused an apple slice when I offered it to him for being such a good bun. :)

@ Zia Thank you for sharing your experience with your Gaston :) Well, I read that article but I'm not quite sure if my Kimiko is boned with anyone yet. Just last night, she was playing outside her cage while we were laying down on the floor. She came over to us and licked my husband's pants. It was so cute ( wish they were my pants ! :p haha) With me, she likes to runs around, sat near by ( but not so close too) and this morning I laid on my tummy and she hopped up on my back and sat there.
Ps. Nice to meet you, Zia. :)

Hi Vircia and welcome..

Kimiko is such a pretty girl..

Thank you, Cheryl :) Nice to meet you. Wow ! You have so many bunnies.I'm sure that your bunnies are pretty and cute too ;)

Latest posts

Back