Hello Everyone

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirst3buns

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am fairly new to this forum but have been checking out all the advice on bonding. I started out with one rabbit (Cadbury, now age 7) as a pet for my daughter, and last April took in a youngster from someone at work who didn't want her anymore (Penny, now about 10 months old). Five weeks ago a friend ofmy daughtertold me about someone who was going to "set their rabbit free" because they didn't want it anymore so Basil came to live with us.

I checked out your wonderful forum two weeks ago when I had Penny and Basil neutered. I am so grateful to Haley's advice and all the wonderful advice. I am hoping to bond Basil and Penelope sometime in the near future.

Here they are:

Basil: (I think he is a mini-rex)

6q870wn.jpg
8ejjdxx.jpg
(I'm still working on trimming his nails, they were quite long when I got him.)

Penelope, aka Penny Loafer or Penny:

87ntekg.jpg
6oem975.jpg
(She's adventurous and figured out how to get up into her hay container yesterday.)

And our first bun Cadbury, a netherland dwarf, who came from a friend almost three years ago when they could no longer keep him.

6sgcoxe.jpg

Bunny Bonding Blog: http://kirst3buns.blogspot.com/

Welcome and what beautiful buns! I just want to poke Basil's white tummy! Penny sounds like a fun little handful and Cadbury looks like a beautiful puff of smoke.
Kudos on taking in buns that others didn't want--they're much happier with you than in a shelter or the woods!

good luck on bonding---

Yes, definitely a bunny addiction. It all started with a pet rabbit for my daughter. Cadbury is such a wonderful little fella that I didn't think too hard about taking in the second, and then the third. My husband says the zoo is full now though.:?

Hi Kristen and welcome!

Ive been busy with bunny stuff this weekend and am just seeing this. Im so happy you joined!

Your bunnies are so adorable! I have a Basil as well. I pronounce mine the British way- Baa (like a sheep) zel. How do you pronounce yours?

Im so excited to finally see some pics. And Im so happy everyone made it through the surgeries ok!

Welcome!

Yay, someone else from Michigan! :biggrin2:And another Mini Rex!:bunnydance: Cute crew you have there! Welcome!

HI! and Welcome! I don't know how I missed this before!

You definitely have a mini-rex there. He's a castor agouti like my Bo!

Everyone is adorable! - and they wonder why we become addicted. LOL!

Haley wrote:
Your bunnies are so adorable! I have a Basil as well. I pronounce mine the British way- Baa (like a sheep) zel. How do you pronounce yours?

Im so excited to finally see some pics. And Im so happy everyone made it through the surgeries ok!
We prounounce it with the long A sound - I guess the American way. He's only had the name for 6 weeks now. When I picked him up they told me his name was Kitty so my daughter and a neighbor came up with the new name. And I'm very relieved that everyone seems to be doing well now after their surgeries. Penny is back to doing the craziests binkies and bunny 500's I've ever seen. What a relief.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
You definitely have a mini-rex there. He's a castor agouti like my Bo!
Thanks. My neighbor guessed he was a mini-rex but she's never had one of them either so it's good to know. He does look just like the bunny in your avatar. I'm assuming that's Bo.

Yep That's my Bo!

Aren't they so soft?! I love to hold bo and just bury my face into his fur! - unless he has poopy butt then he smells bad LOL!

Latest posts

Back