Hello Everybody!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RabbitLover94

Reaction score
Hello! I'm a newbie to this site and rabbits! I can't wait to learn new things about these great animals!

Anyway, here are my buns:

Black Velvet- my 3 year old solid black mini/standard mix rex doe. She couldn't really care less about me.All I am is someone who hands out the feed to her. She's a very independent bunny with an occassional attitude but I love her anyway!

Tulip- my 10 week old Broken Black Chinchilla Mini Lop Doe who is an absolute sweetheart! She is housebroken, knows her name, and loves to climb on me and play games with me. I plan on taking her to her and my first show in January, then another in February if I like showing. I can't wait to get more involved in rabbits though!

Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself.

I first adopted a Kasper, a Lionhead REW, April 2008. So friendly and beautiful. He got along with my 2 dogs and peruvian guinea pigs around treat time, but after awhile seemed to be lonely. So of course I started hunting around, thinking about buying another one to keep him company.

I got Kasper fixed, and was looking for a female and was then going to get her fixed. Then I stumbled across this rabbit rescue in Florida called Luv-A-Bun. They had this incredibly sweet little girl,(a lionhead mix) Angel. She had a horrible start in life and was used as a breeder and left in her backyard cage, as the owners fled from a foreclosure. Luv-A-Bun rescued her, had her vet checked, spayed and all her other medical problems fixed.

We took Kasper to see what he thought of her - it was love at first sight. He jumped into the enclosure she was in - she was very submissive - he was such a gentleman. I am so glad we decided to adopt from a rescue instead of getting another one from a breeder. Nothing against breeders, but there are way too many abused and unloved buns out there, just looking for a loving home.

Recently, circumstances have occurred in my family and I was thinking I would have to give them up - due to allergies and having to temporarily take in my 2 grandsons however, I'm really re-thinking that route.

On another note, I have been very upset to hear from my friend at LuvABun about a recent find. They were able to rescue 35 bunnies from a filthy hoarder's /breeder's house. Please share this and spread the word not to hoard these poor creatures.

this video is very hard to watch and it brought tears to my eyes - prepare yourself- but it's what is really out there in the world.

http://www.luvabun.net/

Hope to get to know others who love these sweet creatures.

Linda

:helloand :welcome1to RabbitsOnline. I am glad you found the site. RO is a very active, friendly and helpful website devoted to rabbits and their slaves.

Here are some good links to areas of the site you might find interesting, the Library section, full of good reference info, Bunny Blog, where you can keep everyone up to date on your bunny and your life as a bunny slave and if you bunny would like to ask questions of other buns the Bunny Chat is the spot to be. The regional forum is a good way to find a rabbit savvy vet or to post places where you get some of your supplies for your bun etc. For the lighter side and to give you a chuckle or two stop by the go to the Let Your Hare Down section for anything but bunny's.

Here is link to the rules of the site, light reading Rabbits Online Forum Rules.

You don't have to say what city your in but if you could update your profile withthe areayour in, may be likeNorth west Ohio, Canada, UK etc, that would help others provide you with info that may help you and your bunny.

If you would like to post pictures in your post this link How to put photo's in your posts will help explain that.

I hope I didn't overwhelm you with info. This is a wonderful site and I look forward to seeing pictures and reading some stories.

Dave

Hi, how do I post pics of my bunnies?

thanks - Linda:inlove:

There is a link in my reply that will tell you how to do it. If you use photobucket you copy the IMG code and paste it in the post your making. Do watch the size of the image because it will take up a lot of space.

Dave

Latest posts

Back