Hello, and a question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kweasi

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just signed on, my girlfreind and I have a lovely little grey mni-lop named "Triumph" (after the motorcycle). She lives with us in Windsor Ontario. We're both students.

I have a particular concern about Triumph I was hoping someone might be able to help me with... We've had her for 3 months now (she was born april 22), and she seems to be very happy and healthy; however she hardly drinks any water at all. She never has. I've probably seen her drink from her dish twice in her lifetime.

Is this normal?

Thanks,

-Kwe

One of the best indicators as to whether or not your rabbit is getting enough to drink is too look at its droppings, which should be well formed and of normal size. Small, hard, dry droppings are an indicator that something is wrong.

A dehydrated rabbit will also have a peculiar odor to its urine.

Rabbits that have moist foods in their diet will drink very little.

Pam

Hey there! Welcome to the forum!!:D

Our bunns don't drink very often either...but they eat a ton of veggies and get most of their water that way!!:bunnydance:

Thanks for the prompt replies.

Yeah, we feed Triumph a diet of primarily veggies like cabbage, romain, carrots, spinach etc. etc. I figured this would be the source of her water, but wanted to be sure.

-Kwe

Another tip that my vet gave me. Pull the skinup on the neck area a little bit (it's loose around the neck) and let it go. If it falls back into place, the rabbit is hydrated. The skin may take a few second to go back but the skin should feel soft and supple. A dehydrated rabbit's skin would not fall back into place. Some rabbits coats also show if a rabbit is dehydrated, it will be very dry feeling and look unhealthy because the moisture has been sucked out of it.

Hi Kwe, welcome to the forum! Just like everyone else has mentioned, Triumph probably gets all the moisture she needs from her fresh veggies. My rabbits, Devon and Amber are the same way.

Matt:cool:

Well, now I feel embarassed.

Those happen to be the names of two playboy bunnies.

-kwe

Latest posts

Back