Hello all, I'm back!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess_sully

Reaction score
Hello!
Some of you may remember me from a couple years back.
Unfortunately, I don't have any bunnies right now, and I won't be able to until May 2009. I grew up with a wonderful housebunny, and originally joined this board shortly after his death, when I was in the process of finding a new bunny.
THEN, I discovered that my scholarship (I currently attend Aquinas College) is contingent upon living on-campus for 2 years, and no pets are allowed on campus besides fish. I do have a lovely fantailed goldfish named Rudolph... and that is all for now. I disappeared for awhile, since I was rather sad about not being able to have bunnies for a full TWO YEARS. But I've been lurking lately. :)
I'm still planning on getting back into my true loves, bunnies, next summer. Hopefully I'll be adopting somebuns at that time. Until then, I'm just spending free time admiring/envying all the RO members' buns :)
It seems that many bunny families have grown in my absence! Congrats to all!
So... hopefully my lurking is a little understood now.
- Jess

Hi Jess! I wondered what had happened to you. I was so looking forward to watching your little Rhinelander grow, but I guess it was just not to be. Maybe you can volunteer at a shelter to get your bunny love fix? Or just live vicariously through us.;)

Don't worry, when you're able to have a rabbit again we'll be throwing so many your way you won't be able to dig yourself out from under all the fur!:p

Welcome back Jess!:wave: I'm glad to see you, I'd been wondering where you went! :hug:

Don't be a stranger just because you haven't got a bunny right now, all bunny lovers are welcome, no matter what their circumstances! :D

I really hope you'll stick around! :)

Michaela & bunnies Madison and Ebony

Welcome back - its nice to have you here....feel free to chat based upon your experiences with your prior bunny!

Peg

naturestee wrote:
I was so looking forward to watching your little Rhinelander grow, but I guess it was just not to be. 
Yeah, I was, too. Unfortunately, when I went to visit the breeder, I just didn't fel comfortable with the condition she was keeping her rabbits in. Filthy, rusty, small cages... :grumpy: poo piled/caked on the floors... and to top it all off, I happened to stumble upon a bucket with baby drowned mismarked charlies and sports... her version of culling. I understand that these mismarked rabbits can be hard to place in the show world, but that is just unacceptable! :X When I asked her why she didn't just keep some for pets or something, she said they did... and then they'd get too crowded so she'd "let them go free" in the woods behind her house.
I think I'll be game for some fosters some day in the future, though! Along with, of course, one or two or three to spoil and keep myself!

:welcome2 It's good to hear from you. To echo the words of everyone else, don't be a stranger! In the mean time, have fun with Rudolph (great name, by the way:D).

Matt:cool:

Im so glad youre back, Jess! Even though you dont have a bunny you have so much knowledge to share with other members.

Your experience just breaks my heart. I know there are that kind of breeders out there but it just kills you when its so close to home. Especially when we're doing so much to help rabbits in our state :(

As far as volunteering, I know the HRS is based in Kzoo but theyre not very active (and thats still an hour from you). There arent any rabbit specific rescues in GR but there are a lot of cat/dog shelters who have bunnies who could use your help. One of our members, MaevePotter, volunteers at one out there in GR and she helps with the bunnies. You could message her if youre interested.

I wish you were closer, you could come play with my bunnies- I have plenty to spare.lol.

Glad to have you back!

Haley

Hi Jess!! :wave2Welcome back! :wave:

Thanks for not supporting that breeder, taking a bunny out only promotes breeding more to fill the space. So sad. :(

Fostering for the summer would be great!

And I really think your area needs a rescue -- Grand Rabbits Rescue!! Hasa ring to it!

We've got a GREAT Michigan-based volunteer project for you this week if you can take the time ASAP --the Midwest Shelter Makeover contest!!

Here are some links/posts about it:

HELP OUR FEATURE RESCUE WIN A MAKEOVER!

ATTN: ALL MEMBERS, PLEASE POST ON CRAIGSLIST.COM...

Help Midwest Win a Shelter Makeover!

and the Midwest site itself... www.rabbitrr.org

:thanks:

sas :wiggle

Hmmm. I wonder how summer fostering would work out. Technically, I could foster April, May, June, July, and most of August.
Problems:
1) I don't currently have a car
2) What happens if the bun(s) hasn't been adopted by the end of the summer?
Keeping is not an option, since I have to go back to school in the very end of August.

EDIT: just signed up for zootoo. Midwest R&R is now #12 on the list.

I can loan you a bunny, Jess ;)

I do have my tort dutch Nigel here, who is technically a Midwest foster but I cant seem to find him a home. Hes so sweet and needs to be somewhere where hes the only bunny. I has so much love and energy to share and I only have such a small amount of time for him each day.

A loaned bunny! Sounds like my dream come true, haha. Since I live with my dad in the summer, I doubt he'd let me foster more than one or a bonded pair at once. But a single boy would be excellent! I have several friends up north who are interested in housebuns too (thanks to my obsession) so perhaps I could warm them up to him.

That would be awesome- get ahold of me when its closer to the end of your term and we'll see if we can work something out. Of course you'll want to talk to your dad and such. Do I remember correctly that your dad is a vet? Was that you?

Nigel is an awesome 1 yr old tort dutch boy who I I helped rescue from Chicago. He was only about 3 months old but going to be put down due to shelter overcrowding. His only downside is that he doesnt like other bunnies (or at least the bunnies he's met here). If he smells or sees another male he will bite- very very hard. He has bitten Basil, Big Max, and me (like if I was holding another bunny and then him). He generally doesnt like to be held much, although he lets you flip him like a baby, but he loves to snuggle and hang out on his level. Hes really a great boy. He binkies around the living room and is good with his litter box.

Bunnies060.jpg

Let me know what you think :)

Back