Heigh ho, off to the Fair!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeScone

Mike - Camera Corner Mod
Reaction score
I spent the day at the rabbit show at the New York State Fair in Syracuse this Saturday. There were hundreds of rabbits, of all sorts. Here are a few photos.

There was an entire row of fuzzy rabbits – this is a French Angora:

angora_4073.jpg

Here are a few Dutch rabbits:
dutch_4054.jpg

dutch_4133.jpg

Look at the ears, and dewlap, on this English Lop:
flemish_4124.jpg

A Harlequin:
://www.bpmlegal.com/nysf09/harli_4090.jpg
harli_4090.jpg

Of course, there were Holland Lops by the dozen:
holland_4069.jpg

holland_4139.jpg

This one is probably the friendliest bunny I’ve ever seen at the fair – every time I walked by and said something to him (I always talk to the rabbits I’m taking pictures of), he’d run over to the bars and stick his nose through for petting.
holland_4065.jpg

Jersey Wooly:
jersey_4084.jpg

English Spot:
spot_4047.jpg

The Netherland Dwarf section was the second-largest, with Nethies in every possible color, and all as cute as could be:
nd_4018.jpg

nd_4023.jpg

nd_4031.jpg

nd_4043.jpg

The largest section was my favorite, the Mini-Rexes. I spent most of my time at the judging table helping keep the MR’s in their slots – which means I got to pet LOTS of bunnies and talk to lots of visitors about rabbits as pets.
minirex_4087.jpg

minirex_4098.jpg

minirex_4101.jpg

minirex_4112.jpg

This mini-rex had the biggest eyes of any bunny I've ever seen:
minirex_4108.jpg

I’m not really sure what these rabbits are – Anyone have any ideas?

Just a baby…
babies_4134.jpg

Champagne d’Argent, maybe? I’m guessing from the ARBA chart.
rabbit_4125.jpg

Not a clue on either of these:

rabbit_4046.jpg

rabbit_4066.jpg

All in all, a great day at the fair!

Maybe my eye's are going but are we looking at the same bunny?? I don't see the English lop in him/her.

Your eyes are fine - there's no lop there at all, in fact.

That's downright weird. I previewed the post, and it was complete. Somehow, after that, the board lost the picture which went with the Lop caption, and the caption which went with the next picture.

It should have read as follows:

[line]
english_4117.jpg

The Flemish Giants had their own line of very large cages:
flemish_4124.jpg

[line]

Thats good to know that I wasn't seeing things :p

Thats one huge dewlap.

MikeScone wrote:
Maybe my eye's are going but are we looking at the same bunny?? I don't see the English lop in him/her.

Your eyes are fine - there's no lop there at all, in fact.

That's downright weird. I previewed the post, and it was complete. Somehow, after that, the board lost the picture which went with the Lop caption, and the caption which went with the next picture.

It should have read as follows:

[line]
english_4117.jpg

[line]

LMBO... I was thinking the same thing... I don't see lop and I don't see a dewlap **snort**. Now that you have the right pics with the correct captions... HOLY COW that dewlap is HUGE!!!!

I so, so, so would have wanted the one who kept putting his head thru the bars for pets... just adorable!!!!

Mike it's nice to see you again... how is Scone doing these days?

MagnoliaDee wrote:
... how is Scone doing these days?
He's fine. Still runs the house...

scone_4173.jpg

He gave me a bit of a scare this morning, wouldn't come out of my bedroom and eat his breakfast. By the time I got home, though, he was fine, and couldn't wait to inhale his evening snack.

I've posted his latest pictures to his blog.

For what it's worth, I've been told that the last two bunny pictures are a Havana and a Thrianta, in that order.

Wow, they're all gorgeous! Scone MacBunny looks grumpy because he didn't get to go to the fair. Also, I was going to say the last one is a Thrianta, but you beat me to it! They're such pretty bunnies. I love fair time but I always feel bad for the bunnies because a lot of them seem uncomfortable or scared and have runny noses.

dont get anything like this near me! it's sooo unfair:( what a lovely set of pics - especially the rexes. not that im biased or anything.

thank you for sharing!:bunnydance:

holy -insert word here- that is a huge dewlap. He can just sleep on it like its a pillow haha. Beautiful rabbits...thanks for the post, it was great to see all the different types for someone new like me who is just starting to learn about whats out there. That tiny orangish netherland dwarf is so cute, he looks like a chipmunk or gerbil or something almost. hehe.

Back