Heart Bunnies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RexyRex

Reaction score
I've heard many people here talk about heart bunnies. How did you know that a particular bun was your heart bun? I have 2, Alaska and Max. They both "spoke" to me when I first saw them. Alaska was by herself in a pet store, the owners were trying to get rid of her for some friends of theirs who did not want her anymore. I had never even THOUGHT of getting a rabbit before, but I felt drawn to her. I walked over to her cage and she hopped right up to me and let me pet her nose. Then she chinned my finger and looked at me with this look that said "Please". I HAD to have her after that look. Same thing with Max. He gave me the "look" when I was holding him. Both of them love to be loved on by me and we are pretty tightly bonded. Chris feels that way about Gixxer. He said that something told him we had to bring him home. Them Takumi hopped on Chris' lap when we were playing with him at the shelter and gave him the "look". After that, Chris raised his head to look and me and just shook his head yes. Gixxer and Takumi both like Chris more than me. It's like they choose their "Heart Humans" :D

When was the moment that you knew your bunny was your "Heart Bunny"? I love to hear the stories!

As soon as I saw Morgan's face on petfinder, I knew he had to be mine. His eyes are so understanding.

I swear one day I am going to hire an animal communicator to come by, so I can talk to Morgan through he/she. When you look at my Snuggie, you know he has a story to tell...

l_3a6d98e4f9db4ffd9ca7b9be7da94d4c.jpg

Morgan reminds me so much of a kind hearted horse. I think having Morgie makes me still feel in connection to horses, that I can no longer be in connection with because of money/not knowing anyone with horses.

I love both my rabbits but I have to say Princess is probably my heart bunny, she has a really strong bond with me and will sit there for ages while I give her a head massage, then after a few minutes she gives me a ''grooming'' by licking my hands, arms and pants lol. She could sit quietly with me for hours.

I knew the very first time I met him, and then over the next month or so we were completely inseparable. When he died it was horrific and I knew I would never, ever be the same again. I haven't ever let myself get as close to another bun because I couldn't pick myself up again if I lost them. I have my heart bunnies son with me now, and if I allowed myself to feel, he would be a heart bunny too, but I won't. I know though, that when he dies, it could easily break me forever.

For me it's just that feeling, that complete bond inside that ties you together, emotionally, physically and in both your souls.

its really weird for me because the 2 rabbits i have now are rabbits i didnt want in the first place and have turned out to be the most amazingbuns to have entered my life.

Crystal- i wanted her sister instead but my mum was adimant we were getting Crystal as she was teh one my mum liked and she was paying for her. i hated her through her homones as she was the most vicious rabbit ever! a rabbit with perminant PMT! but after her spey (3 years ago) shes become my baby she will lick me all over and always up for a cuddle i really dont know where id be without her shes teh best pet ive ever had and hope i have many years left with her. Our bond is amazing :D

Misty- i rescued an ill baby rabbit from a petshop it died over night even with vet treatment etc. i wanted a refund but teh petshop said i could only have a replacement i went to the petshop and randomlly picked a rabbit (as they all looked the same) and got Misty i was going to rehome him but when it came to it i found i couldnt let him go again hes one of teh best things that has come into my life and i never want him to go.

We have 16 rabbits(and5 bridge bunnies), and I have loved every single one. But, my heart bun is my Dutchess. She loves me so completely, how could I not love her back the same way? I spend more time with her than any of the other buns. She was given to me as a Mother's Day gift, so she is MY bunny.

If I am holding her, she gets an absolutely bewildered look on her face if I set her down, even if its rightbeside me. It's like she's saying*in a hurt little voice and pouty face* "MOM, why am I down here? I'm supposed to be up under your chin!" She won't even go explore around - she just stays there until I pick her up again (I eez stucks to dis spot untils yous picks meez up agin!) She gives me kissies and makes happy noises the whole timeI hold her.

She doesn'tget mad at my hubby, or daughter, or son, when they don't spend time with her.She gets mad at ME.

Corky is definately my heart bunny...he picked me...we were at the greenhouse trying to get a plant for a lizard and out of all the bunnies he kept coming over to give me a kiss then hop off...he did this several times before I scooped him up and started to walk around the store w/ him...My husband looked at me and said 'why do I have a feeling we are taking home a bunny'.....and home he came.

I had been diagnoseda whilebefore w/ a heart condition that they were having a horrible time treating and I was feeling crappy all the time.

We then got a bunny for my son a couple weeks later and he and Corky got into a fight and Corky became filled w/ infection and very ill. I didn't realize just how far he'd wormed his lil way into my life until he got so sick and we had to talk about putting him down. He obviously got better and I love him more than life itself. He is a part of me, just like my son.

He knows before I do when my depression is getting bad and I'm going to have a meltdown...he sits w/ me for hours every day, loves me unconditionally, doesn't judge and doesn't ask how he can fix things. He's the only thing i want when its bad.

I know I will never know another like him...there is such compassion, understanding and wisdom in those brown eyes He just turned 4 this last week and I hope he is with me for years to come. I can't even begin to bear the thought of losing him.

Back