"Heart Bunnies"

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAK Rabbitry

Reaction score
As some may be aware, yes I breed bunnies. Ihave a lot of bunnies. I know that a lot of breeders aren't uberattached to every single rabbit they produce. So it is with me, thoughI have my favorites. Theres always those few bunnies that you willnever let leave you. I've heard some people on the forum call them''heart bunnies''.

I realized that I never introduced my ''Heart Bunnies'' to you. SoThats the purpose of my thread. And feel free to share a pic of youheart bunnies with me...though most of you have chosen to exploit yoursin your avatar. Grand!

Ok so here we go..

Cymry2.jpg

You may have already met Cymry, my blue-eyed dutch misfit.

dutchie.jpg

Cloooose Up.

tegra.jpg

This is Integra. I buoght her at the pet store, but she's a sweetlittle doe and I've used her as a foundation for my dutch herd. She'ssweet as can be and also a personal favorite of my family. I've shownher once at the 2006 pasrba, but she somehow broke her toe afterwardsand it sticks out funny, and the judges caught it so afterwards I justretired her ot brood doe and special friend. Int he summer time,there's a lady down the street who sets up a veggie stand, and I take''Teggers'' down there and let her pick out her snack and then we gohome. When I was in san Diego they had a dog store at the mall, withall kinds of doggie perfumes and junk, and I buoght Teggers a littlespiked collar, which we wore proudly for 1 months. Then ate it. Best$15 I ever spent. *cough*. Integra has recently just had her3rd litter, which is her 1st litter of chocolates. She's anamazing mother, i've never lost a baby from her and she's even fosteredbabies for me without a second thought. She also throws some gorgeousbabies.

gideon.jpg
And this is my other dutchie love, Gideon. I rescued him from a meatauction and have also used him for my Dutch Foundation. He's alsothrown some amzing babies, and he's earned himself 3 GC legs since Irescued hi mas an 10 (estimated) week old baby. He's sired the firsttwo of Integra's litters, also. Their babies have all been awesome. Iwish I had room to keep some babies from their first litter, but I soldthem all. I'm still in contact with some of the owners, though. Giddyis sweet and always greets me and asks for his pet pet before he digsin to his meal. He loves the pet pet. Sadly, this is the onlyphoto have I of Giddy for the moment, i'll take some more later.

Artemis.jpg

And Artemis! The proud daughter of Gideon and Integra from their secondlitter. I kept her sister also, but Whitnee died while giving birth.Artemis has her father's great coat color and short body, but hermother's face and fullness. You really can see both perants just bylooking at her, which I find amazing. She has beautiful markings too,like her mother, but the slightly longer stops of Gideon. Artemis hasalso picked up 2 GC LEgs (She would have had 3 if I hadn't effed up thepaperwork....still kicking myself in the arse for that one). She's veryvery sweet and loves any and all attention. She's had 2 litters for me,one she had a whopping 8 babies. The two runts died, I can't reallyfault her for that, they were REALLY tiny. But she took great care ofthe remaining 6. She's recently just had her second litter by adifferent buck, and had 4 beautiful little blacks (Tron and Carolinebeing two of them!). Also in that litter is Jezebell...who was fosteredby my friend for a short while (and also named by her) but friend's mumwas allergic, so Jez came home again. Jex also is amazing in type,color, and markings...save for a tiny white spot on her ear tip. I mayhang onto her as a brood doe since this line seems ot produce someawesome mothers. Artie is insanely intellignent also, and has proven tobe a grand problem solver and learned ''bunny kisses' on command. Shealso comes when called, I know a lot of bunnies do that...but shelearned how to do both within a day. Artemis is my bunnylove, and alsoone of my proudest accomplishments as far as breeding goes. I have another pic of her with her second litter.
dutches.jpg
The litter (baby Tron and CAroline!)
mumanddutches.jpg

She's all like '' hey wasup''. She has one of the most beautifuldutchie blazes ever...and she always throws that to her babies. Everysingle baby from the last litter had that blaze...and every single babyfrom this litter did, too. Most of Integra's babies have had thatawesome blaze, too.

So that'st he crew...i'm sure it'll get bigger.

Your babies are all so adorable. I love dutch bunnies, especially chocolate.

Integra is beautiful. I just love her coloring. My Max is chocolate,but his color looks a lot darker than hers. Shes prettier ;)

I just noticed you're in Michigan. Are you goignto Dutch Nationals this year? Ir ally wantt o go, but I don't think mybudget will allow for it with wedding coming up and all. Last yearNationals was like 45 minutes from me. What a treat. And I had like...4showable dutches to bring and they all placed low. Haha.

Thank you for the shower of compliments. I'll tell Teggers you think she's sexy.
Maybe she and Max should...y'know...do a little sumthin' sumthin'.

Here's a picture of ''Gran'ma'' teaching Integra to drive home from the feed store. Note her adorable spiked collar.

Where are dutch nationals? Ive actually never been to a show before. If I go to OH, that will be my first.

I love Integra. She and Max would make a perfect couple, although he has a boyfriend at the moment ;)

Cymry is beautiful I have never seen one withblue eyes i could really fall for a bunny like that. Do you get manywith blue eyes or is it really unusual i have only seen blue eyedwhites before

Dutch nationals are always the last weekend of April...and this year are held in Kalamazoo, MI.

I'm glad you like TEggers. And so what? Integra herself has 2 boyfriends.

Haley wrote:
Where are dutch nationals?Ive actually never been to a show before. If I go to OH, that will bemy first.

I love Integra. She and Max would make a perfect couple, although he has a boyfriend at the moment ;)

Why thank you! Blue-eyed dutches areunshowable and rare. But they pop up here and there. I don't want tointroduce Cymry's genes to my show herd for that reason, but I am usingher to try and develope a blue-eyed blue if you're interested. Irecently had a blue doe spring up that I was all excited aboshowing...and then discovered she hasa blue spot on one eye. Cymry isactually due in a few days to a blue.

-JAK

polly wrote:
Cymry is beautiful I havenever seen one with blue eyes i could really fall for a bunny likethat. Do you get many with blue eyes or is it really unusual i haveonly seen blue eyed whites before

Beautiful buns, as usual. Now, in thetitle it says you just ate a cookie, I've been wondering, what sort ofcookie was it?

great buns! they are so cute, i love the look of the dutch!

Haley wrote:
Where are dutch nationals? Ive actually never been to a show before. If I go to OH, that will be my first.

haley, you would be amazed at a rabbit show, my favorite michigan oneis comming up at the start of march. . .it is at the MSU pavilions. ..it was my first show when i bred, and will always be my fav. . . somany rabbits. . .so many lionheads!

I like to get a big glass of milk....and drop ahuge handful of nilla wafers into it....let them sink...then spoon themout and eat the cookie moosh. Its very much of the yummy that happenson my sp00n.

JAK Rabbitry wrote:
I like to get a big glass of milk....and drop a huge handfulof nilla wafers into it....let them sink...then spoon them out and eatthe cookie moosh. Its very much of the yummy that happens on my sp00n.
That ^^ was really gross. I'll go throw up now. Lucky for you I do keep my eating habits to myself.

I accidentally posted the samet hing twiceand I don't know howto delete it so i'm just editing it and writingsomething different.

Pickles.

missyscove wrote:
JAKRabbitry wrote:
I like to get a big glass ofmilk....and drop a huge handful of nilla wafers into it....let themsink...then spoon them out and eat the cookie moosh. Its very much ofthe yummy that happens on my sp00n.
That ^^ was really gross. I'll go throw upnow. Lucky for you I do keep my eating habits tomyself.

Psh, that is totally by far the least gross thing in the world. You don't know how to eat cookies, woman!

missyscove wrote:
JAKRabbitry wrote:
I like to get a big glass ofmilk....and drop a huge handful of nilla wafers into it....let themsink...then spoon them out and eat the cookie moosh. Its very much ofthe yummy that happens on my sp00n.
That ^^ was really gross. I'll go throw upnow. Lucky for you I do keep my eating habits tomyself.

i eat my cookies like that too!!!

although normally it is with oreos. . . or chocolate teddy grams. . .yum!

I love eating cookies like that.

How about one of her babies? She's due in afew days here. Hopefulyl she doesn't eat these ones too. But she'scalmed down significantly since then. And that wsa her first litter soshe may have freaked out. We shall see. She's bred to a blue.EEEE!!!

naturestee wrote:
My husband does that with graham crackers.:)

Gorgeous buns, btw! I think I need Cymry!

Latest posts

Back