headed to the vet :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cerigirl

Reaction score
Melody has over the past couple of years, slipped and struggled to get up for a couple of seconds. He is fine in every other way and is always fine after he rights himself. It has only happened a few times and since the floor of his house is wood I never worried about it too much. Well, it happened again today and this time when I looked over, He had righted his front but not his back half. As soon as I moved though, he righted his back end no problem. No struggling like usual, nothing. But I have NEVER seen him not try to right himself immediately. He was fine afterwards like usual just wanted some extra head rubs when I reached into his house. At 8 yo I am really starting to worry about him so I called the vet right away and will be taking him in Tuesday morning.
My poor baby is getting old :(

Maybe it is arthritis in the joint, that can make a rabbit kind of sluggish in their joints it can also be painful for the rabbit.

Rabbits can also get spinal arthritis, which is quite painful and can make spine twisting movements difficult. You may also want to keep an eye out for EC, as it can often manifest first as a hind leg weakness. If he is also having urinary issues, you may want to treat preventatively for EC. If your vet thinks arthritis more, metacam and glucosamine-chondroitin can help.

Sorry about taking so long to update you guys. I took Mel to the vet and he came out with a clean bill of health. The vet just thinks that he slipped and didn't want to fully right himself. If he does it again or anything seems to get worse then she wants me to bring him in again but overall she is really happy with him. She seemed pleasantly surprised that he was in such great shape for an older bun. I am extremely grateful for this.

Back