He sure is losing A LOT of hair . . .

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeposten

Reaction score
Both of the boysare currently shedding TREMENDOUS amounts of fur. Oswald (mini-rex)more so than Alfred.

In some spots A lot of Oswald's longer coat is gone, leaving just ashort undercoat. He's even losing some of the thicker fur at the basesof his ears.

Is this normal?

-Amy
(and a very silly looking Oswald the Bunny)

If I remember right, Rexes shed a lot.

My boys always shed this time of year. Tumnus is ready to knit a scarf he's losing so much of that fur!

Pebble is shetting terribly at the minute! Youjust have to touch her and millions of hairs are coming into your hand!Berri and Ebony are covered in stray white hairs, and because they'reboth black, this looks quite weird:D

I'm getting very impatient for Berri to start shedding properly becausein the summer the sun turned the fur on her back all brown.Ithappened last year too, but by winter she was perfectly black again.But i'm getting worried. What if she doesn't shed properly and staysbrown forever!:shock:

My boys shed like crazy too. And it wasn't justevery 3 months either. It was all year long. HUGE handfulls too. Notjust some here, some there. It started happening after they wereneutered. They got neutered at different ages. So I thought it wascoincidental.

Annie hasn't shed crazy yet. she has a lot come out, but it's not in handfuls yet.

From what I hear about Rexes, that is prettynormal. Keep an eye out for "dandruff" type flakes coming off with thefur. Jordi was shedding alot around the bum area with the flakes, andit turned out to be mites.

Thanks for the input, everyone. I'm glad to know that this is normal, and I will keep an eye out for any flakes.

-Amy
(And the still very silly looking Oswald the Bunny)

Latest posts

Back