he bit me!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AquaticRex

Reaction score
dante bit me, i think it may be because i have recently had to change his schedualing with food and such cause of my job, but would that make any sense? i went in to feed him, but his heavy bowl was smashed some how, so i went to pick out the peaces. as i went to grab some pieces, he lunged and bit my knuckle and broke the skin. i tried to grab the piece again and he lunged again, i had to get david to get the bowl pieces and to feed him, and he got bit too. any thoughts? a grumpy day maybe??

How old is he and is he neutered? It could be a hormonal thing starting up.

It sounds like cage aggression, which is pretty common - he doesn't want you messing with his stuff. If he does it again, you can try only putting your hand in there when he's out of the cage, or you can try wearing heavy gloves and putting your hand in slowly and just leaving it there. Doing this will show him that his intimidation tactics won't work and that he needs to be calm and leave your hand alone. Make sure to praise him when he's calm around your hand being in his cage.

he was neutered during the summer, which is what confuses me, this is the first time he has even displayed any sort of aggression towards people. i have never had a problem with sitting in his cage, moving things around when i need to (such as taking his litter box out for cleaning. all he does for that tough is sit in it and get a free ride upstairs to his upstairs pen until i get back then he gets out time) or anything like that.

thats what i'm thinking. i think it might have something to do with the new schedule that i have to go on due to my new work schedule. because he was just fine before i started working and having to feed him earlier then i was.

weird my Flemish just broke his heavy water crock last night and i couldnt get him to stop thumpin...and hes got a hella big back hopper to be thumpin with...then all the other buns had to chime in...thump thump thump..then i think everybodies settled after an hour of trying to calm everybody down and.....thump.
its starts all over again.:headsmack

so for sure its cuz of the crock breaking..he was scared.

Latest posts

Back