hay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zednon

Reaction score
I'm havign troble with hay its getting everywhere how does everyone keep the there hay. I have to keep it inside? Also how does everyone clean the hay off the floor?

-Ana

Ah yes, hay can be a pain. I'm always finding pieces in random places. My trick for less spillage is to fill up a regular plastic trash bin, think the kind people use in the kitchen. I keep the lid off for some ventilation for the hay. Then when I feed hay I simply bring the bin up the the cage door, lift out a handful, and place in the hay rack.

For cleaning up hay off the carpet first I use a small dust pan and hand broom to collect the big pieces that can ruin an average vacuum. Then I just vacuum it up with my Shark Cordless Sweeper which is way easier than dragging out the big one.

You can store hay outside, but knowing how to do it properly is very important.
Store it in a dry, protected area, out of the sun.

:)

I find that putting the hay in a big litter box helps to keep it contained. I buy cat litter boxes so the sides are high and the box is pretty big.

I also use a small dust pan to clean up big pieces of hay or will sometimes use my hand to get it up and put it back in the litter box. Then I just vacuum up the smaller pieces. I have a Dyson and sometimes the hay will clog it, but it is really easy to unclog. It has been the best vacuum I have ever purchased. I have been sweep up hay with it for like 5-6 years and it is still going strong. All my previous ones quit working after about a year.

I use a broom to sweep all of the hay. But being poor as a kid I learned how to sweep carpet.

I can sweep almost all of the hay up then I run my vacuum. Also my buns only have hay in one place so that help keeps it contained.

I store my coastal hay in a feed bag in my garage, and take litter boxes out to the hay instead of bringing it in. For my Timothy & Alfalfa hays I bring it to the door of the cage, or even inside the cage if it fits.

The only hay spillage I have is from bunnies throwing it out. They seem to find it very fun to make a mess for me to clean.

Latest posts

Back