Hay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wabbitdad12

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I have been unsuccessful in my search for a thread about good places to buy hay online. I know I've seen one before, so I am trying to order some before I my lay off begins on Monday.

So your suggestions please.

I am thinking about getting a bale from the farm supply store I get my litter and bun food from. They charge about 5-8 dollars a bale.

If you are looking for premium hay, check out these farms. They are regionally close to you which should speed delivery and limit shipping costs.

Sweet Meadow Farm www.sweetmeadowfarm.com Located in New England. It is very different than many other hays. Usually very soft. Our rabbits love it.

Pine Hill Farms www.bunnybale.com Grown in the mountains of Virginia. Just got a new box in and our rabbits love it.

I have been buying from both these farms for several years....I have never had any problem with the quality of their products.

Another option with numerous benefits is locating the equine community in your area. We usually buy horse hay for litter boxes but many times our rabbits will eat that hay too. With high dollar horses, you can count on quality hay since the owners aren't going to risk a horse for bad hay. The advantages are price...even for ultra high end horse hay, we pay a fraction of what we do for the premium hays online. You can buy it as you need it....and pick it up as you need it.

Randy

I buy a bale of hay from a breeder when ever they pick up bales from farmer. My bunnies are eating more hay now which makes me happy. They prefer the local bales over the Oxbow hay that they had before. I don't use that much, so I am able to share it with other members live in my region.

i got an order of hay from sweet meadow and my bunners LOVE it. they didn't eat much hay before but now they eat everything i give them in a short period of time.

i got an order of hay from sweet meadow and my bunners LOVE it. they didn't eat much hay before but now they eat everything i give them in a short period of time.

I am getting ready to place an order for a 9 pound box of Sweet Meadow Farm Meadow Grass. I called around locally and I waited too long, all the standard bales of orchard grass and timothy were gone.

This will be a good size box and the fact thatcomes in a box, I won't have to come up with containers to store it in.

I've been happy with Kleenmamas. http://www.kmshayloft.com/

The buns love the second cut timothy.

I'm expecting a shipment of third cut timothy in a few days.

Latest posts

Back