Hay Toy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtvarnell

Reaction score
So disappointed that our bunny didn't like the hay toy. I was going to a hay container. Cut shapes out form all over it and then stuffed it full of hay. Maybe stuffing it to full is the problem But the bunny hasn't had any of it at all I guess it is time to remove that toy so the bunny can eat properly. It sure is lot neater than just laying the hay in a bowl. grr. Was really hoping this one would work.

Have you tried sticking a few pieces of veggies/herbs in it to get the bunny's attention? Lily never paid attention to a willow cube that I bought her until I stuck some lettuce and her favorite veggies in it. Then it lasted all of about 10 hours before it was completely demolished and I needed to buy a new one.

If you are looking for a simple way to store a lot of hay for bunny access, I've got a pretty good method...
8993_062318_220000002.gif

Most of my hay areas are just grids bent in a sharp U and attached about 1 grid up. The rabbits like to lay in them but never get the hay dirty so it works out fine. For the smaller temporary cage or as toys I just take bird suet feeders, fill with hay or veggies, and either toss it in or hang it from the ceiling with the chain.

The bunny has started to eat the hay out of the toy. I cut holes that are at least two inches in size and easy to get hay out of. It took him a few days but he is enjoying his hay again.

Back