Hay rack

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnynoses

Reaction score
What kind of hay racks do you use? The ones that I find in the pet stores are so small, I have three bunnies and I am looking for a large one to hold a lot of hay, I put the hay in their litter box but it gets dirty from their dropping and urine fast.

If you have pictures to share that would be great.

SAM_8472.jpg

Sorry don't have a pic - but I found a freezer top rack - the ones that sit on the top and slide back and forth. I tip it sideways and clip the two sides with one of those wood clamps - close peg type They are really strong and hold the rack easily on the Xpen. The buns we have are large NewZealand Reds - I use it when they were in one outdoor pen and not wanting to put the hay all over the ground to get spoiled or wet.

I have some NIC type grids from dollarama, the fold easily and are cheap. You could zip ties a couple of them together and use that. There are 5 in a pack (either $2.50 or $3), so you could play around with it.

Pretty much any wire basket can be used as a hay rack. A piece of cardboard on the back can help keep the hay more contained.

Thank you, someone told me about the under the counter shelf, but I have been looking for one with no luck, just looking for other ideas. Thanks again

I got Chester's from Amazon and it had very high ratings. It is a perfect height for my rabbit to eat from and keeps the hay dry. I also put pellets in the bottom section and place the entire container above his litter box in cage. I placed a screen shot of the product on amazon as well as a picture of my rabbit using it. Hope this helps! ATTACH]5869[/ATTACH]ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1383805302.085870.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1383805250.658143.jpg
    ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1383805250.658143.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 105
BTW my options may be too small but maybe u can put multiple ones in the cage or do something like this? I do this outside of the cage. Hay and pellets are both in the carrot bowl. ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1383805512.150884.jpg

I use old oven racks that are FREE at most appliance stores. (free is a good thing) Just lay a 2x4 across it and bend them in half. After I have it where I (and the bun) want it I cut out the cage wire, file down any sharp edges and firmly attach it to the outside of the hutch.

2401926b-5b31-42aa-897e-1663ec21d23e_zpsb6d76f60.jpg

I got Chester's from Amazon and it had very high ratings. It is a perfect height for my rabbit to eat from and keeps the hay dry. I also put pellets in the bottom section and place the entire container above his litter box in cage. I placed a screen shot of the product on amazon as well as a picture of my rabbit using it. Hope this helps! ATTACH]5869[/ATTACH]View attachment 5870

Thanks for the information, I do have this product but it is too small for three rabbits, I have to fill it all the time, lol, they eat a lot of hay, maybe I should buy three of them, one for each rabbit, that might work, thanks again.

i have 2 small ones for my 2 rabbits so they can both eat at the same time withiout being squashed up together!:happyrabbit::balloons::biggrin:

Latest posts

Back